First of all, I will say I am late with Tuesday's post...did not get home til nearly 1AM...
Yesterday started out kinda crappy. Dog barking woke me up TOO early! Got himself all tangled up - stupid dog!
But then... True to my nature, I decided I was going to go to Not-Digby to my Brother's Holy Week service. My niece was going, so I only had to go as far as Coldbrook then hitch a ride with her, AND she needed a singing partner because hers backed out. SO...off to Not-Digby I go (by way of Coldbrook...)
Well, also true to my nature, I learned the song on the way down... And, if I do say so myself, I think Tanya and I did a pretty darned good job!
My brother's message was very good. There is a small excerpt on his Blog (Pastor Brother Brian, on my Blog List <--), and I suspect the whole thing will be posted on From The Pulpit of New Tusket (link also over there <--)
So, the REALLY exciting bits, after hearing about the Agony of Christ we got to have a little bit of fun. As some of you may know, my brother REJECTED my comments from his Blog the other day, as well as his daughter Tanya's, and one of his parishioners (my new friend) April's. You see, he had this REALLY big secret... And WE knew what it was (but, in my own defense, did not know it was a secret!)
The cat is out of the bag now, and everyone knows that he got himself a new Motorcycle! We went over to the Parsonage (otherwise known as my brother's house - still trying to get used to this whole concept that to the people in Not-Digby, he is not just someone's brother!) to have tea and to see his new toy.
Tanya and I went over, as did my new friend April and her sister Christy. We had a lot of laughs (It was SO NICE to see April! And the look of shock on her face when she saw me come into the church was absolutely PRICELESS!)
Tanya and I went over, as did my new friend April and her sister Christy. We had a lot of laughs (It was SO NICE to see April! And the look of shock on her face when she saw me come into the church was absolutely PRICELESS!)
I took some pictures, and here they are...

Pastor Brother Brian guest preaching at Ashmore United Baptist Church
This is me and New Friend Princessa Mirabella (AKA April the Fabulous!)

My Brother's New Toy (Forgive me, as I do not know what kind it is)

This is My Brother on his New Toy (Pastor Vroom, Vroom??)
Brian Playing With His Helmet (If Santa had a Bike Ridin' Elf, in this picture, Brian would be it!)
And Lastly, ME on my Brother Bike (In a Skirt, OF COURSE!)
So, this was my very exciting Tuesday! Best Tuesday I have had in a long time!
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
Life As I Know It
3 comments:
Great pictures! I have to say that the one with the two princesses in it is the best one! Also, as scared as I am of your big brother having a motorcycle, he does look as though he belongs on it!
Beautiful song... So glad you came. Yes, I was shocked to see you.
It was nice "play"ing with you at Pastor Brain's with Tanya and Christy and Peggy.
:) Keep up the good blogging work!
Donna Jean, sometimes people write long blogs, long emails, and long letters, when a few choice words are all that is needed to convey what one truly feels and brings a tear to an eye. Your comment about Tuesday being so good, made my Tuesday as well.
Changing my life to serve God has not been easy, especially when some family and friends don't share or except the new person I am becoming. Thank you so much for your encouragement and love.
Brian I really enjoy coming down to your sevices. It is just too bad that Not-Digby is so far away!
I applaud you for not giving up, for persevering, etc... Swimming against the current is never easy! But, for some reason (and I am sure everyone feels the same in their own families), especially difficult in ours.
We are people who like things just the way they are! And anywhere that is not New Minas/Kentville is just too far! CANNING was too far. Mom wouldn't take me to the Dr I wanted to go to Wolfville because it was too far... I don't think it was so much that it was "too far", just that no one had ever HAD a doctor in Wolfville before... Do you know what I mean?
Anyway, Yes Tuesday was SO GOOD. And Tanya and I had a long talk all the way home, which also was SO GOOD.
I, for one, am very proud of Pastor Brother Brian...and I love you.
Post a Comment