I had my first piano recital today in 21 years. It went OK I think. I played "Far Above The Clouds" out of my grade 8 Conservatory book, and I played and sang Nicole C. Mullen's "Redeemer". I went last. All the other ladies are just beginning and I felt REALLY bad playing from my grade 8 when they were just learning. Not that I think I am any great pianist - far from it! But I know that when I was just learning I always got discouraged playing after the ones in higher levels than I was in. I think that is why Mrs. Mather always had the younger grades go first. Sometimes she even had 2 recitals. Of course, she had, like, 75 students!
Before we played we had a pot luck luncheon. I think that perhaps something I ate did not agree with me, either that or I am getting Baby Cory's flu. I waited for Al to get home then I went to bed. I only got up now to take my pills, wash my face, and check if there was any word on Sandy coming down tomorrow. And, well, I just can't go to bed without posting... So here it is.
In other exciting news, my daffodils bloomed today. That is very exciting. I have never had daffodils before. I love Spring and watching the flowers come up. Especially on new property because you never know what the previous owners had growing. I can't wait til the Hyacinths bloom! Anyway, here are some photos of my daffodils.


I am going back to bed now. Bright hopes for tomorrow...
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
3 comments:
I am so jealous of those daffs!!! I planted some last fall but they are just little green sprouts in the soil. The darn squirrels got some of the bulbs so it will be interesting to see how many come up. You'll be glad to know Ive finally updated my blog. I know a longtime coming!!!lol (((Hugs)))
I want daffodils too...
Love you.
xo
GET BETTER SOON!
Hey Jo! Your daffs will bloom next year. They don't usually bloom the first year. I will check your blog tomorrow. I am probably not even gonna update mine tonight.
Hi Princessa,
I am feeling somewhat better today. Just can't get warm and really sleepy. Tummy's been upset since supper.
Will talk to you tommorrow.
Love Me
Post a Comment