Tuesday, April 10, 2007

In Lime Green, Just For Elizabeth & Tammy

Well, I have stopped procrastinating. I am now, um... the opposite of procrastinating... I don't know what it would be, but I am just "keeping busy because I've got nothing left to do"!

I am burning some CD's (that I don't need), but it gives me something to do. Got some Jim Croce (which was stolen out of the van), and some James Taylor (which was stolen out of the van). Got some Paul Simon and Simon & Garfunkel. Got some Carly Simon. Some Billy Joel.... Don't know what else.

Lovely Kelly burned me 4 CD's from her library (so I can think of her while I listen to those).

I LOVE ROAD TRIPS! I think Thelma & Louise is one of my favorite movies (and not just because Brad Pitt is still pretty in that movie...although, it doesn't hurt!)

I have most everything in the truck, and what is not in the truck is beside the door waiting to go out. I packed and repacked and REPACKED! my knapsack that I am taking on the Not-ship (ferry! Evidently there is a difference...) I think I have it right now. Got my Bible and notebook. Got my book we are reading for Bible Study, so I don't fall behind. Got my knitting, my novel, my crossword puzzle book. Got Elizabeth's discman, got my journal (Which has EVERYTHING in it!) Got my Ferry Quilt. Got a flashlight. I think I got everything. Even fit 2 bottles of Diet Coke in there! Granola bars, almonds, tea, Mini-eggs.

So, I think I am ready to go to bed for a few hours so I can get up and GO TO NEWFOUNDLAND!

Hey Karen! I'm going' to NEWFOUNDLAND!!!! But I won't be staying on the deck the whole time this time...brrrr...

I will do my best to post a little bit while I am gone, but I can't promise anything. But you just wait til I get back! The post will be long and full of photos! Oh, and speaking of photos, did you see the ones I put on the sidebar? Check them out!

And now, I am checking out...gonna finish these burns and go to bed.

I might be back later thought after I get up and am waiting for it to be time to go...

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who loves lime green? I do I do I do... I feel all springy and soul lifted now that the lime green is back... I hope, know and pray you have an amazing trip. I hope you packed enough long johns and woolies for the trip. Food? Did you pack protein? Did you remember extra batteries for my discman? Did you pack enough pens? Pencils? Bras? Books? Socks? HAHAHA only teasing you now... did you pack your list of what you had to pack so that way when you come back from NFLD you pack everything that you originally packed to take? Did you remember to pack Karen's present? What about batteries? HAHAHA...Have a great trip... Looking forward to seeing pictures.

April Mullen said...

I'm sorry, but the lime green, while uplifting, is slightly hard on the eyes (maybe just on that background colour?). I don't know you, Elizabeth, but don't be offended. If limegreen floats your particular boat, then I am glad Donna-Jean made it that colour just for you. That means she loves you. So you must be a great girl.

Elizabeth forgot one thing: at least 3 extra pair of undies for a trip that long: one in your back pack, one in your purse, one in your truck.

I hope you have a super-duper fantabulously excellent trip. I will miss you.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

April...I am the niece that showed up at Christmas day for Uncle Brian's service... the of our Family Christmas party... Yes 3 extra pairs of undies is good... Nan always said carry a pair in the purse just in case...

Kelly said...

That's green all right! :) I hope you have an awesome trip! I'll try not to miss you too much. ;)

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

I am taking my little green purse, Elizabeth. Not even my skipiest thong will fit in there!

Hey Kelly,
Yes it is VERY green! I am sure that you will kep quite busy while I am gone so you won't miss me. (Too much ;) )