Saturday, April 7, 2007

I WILL Have My Quilt Done Before I Go To Bed...

However, I won't get it posted til tomorrow because I am posting now and I still have 2 panels to quilt flowers on... I am having a break, as my neck is getting sore.

I did not go back to bed today! Can you believe that? I got up and started my scrap quilt. I talked to Kelly and we decided that our Tea Date was going to be a Shopping Date instead because we both needed some things at the store. So, after working all morning on the scrap quilt, I had a bath. Then Al made my blueberry pancakes for lunch, and I was off to Kelly's.

I got to Kelly's, got her boys all settled into the truck and off we went to (what is left of!) Penhorn Mall. We needed things at the dollar store and the grocery store, and I ran into the book store for a cross word puzzle book for the ferry.

I picked up my snacks for the trip, like Kathleen said I should, to cut costs of buying (gross) food on the ferry. So, other than stopping on the way at a grocery store for some fruit and a salad or something for my actual lunch I am all set in that department.

So, Donna thought she was being smart whilst at the dollar store... THOUGHT being the operative word... I thought, "piecing all those scraps together is a pain! Lookie here... Small little fleece blankets for $1.00!" SO... I asked Kelly to help me hold them up to determine how many, sewn together, would make a good sized quilt... We determined 4 would make a good sized quilt, so I got 8 to make it double thickness. I THOUGHT I was so clever. I THOUGHT this would save me work. I THOUGHT I would bring the 8 pieces home and sew them together and have a quilt... Do you think that is what I did???????

NO!!!! Not Donna! She can't do ANYTHING the EASY WAY! NO! She has to make everything more difficult than it has to be... Donna could have been done HOURS AGO!!!!! But, she decided that the quilt would be so much prettier if all the flowers in the fabric were actually MACHINE QUILTED!!!! And so, half of the flowers are quilted and half left to do. IT WILL BE DONE TONIGHT! And will be posted for your viewing pleasure tomorrow.

And, with that bit of a rant, I must get back to my quilting...

Pleasant Dreams...

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

7 comments:

April Mullen said...

You are CRAZY! (You sound just like me) I can't wait to see your masterpiece, Princess!

*hug* (That is from me to you... I don't know how Tanya feels about hugging YOU!)

Bye now... good luck stayin' up all night!

P.S. did I meantion, SNOW is STUPID?

Tanya Reid said...

...*backs away slowly*

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

I can't wait to see it either. It is going to be pretty. And it better be warm in Newfoundland, where they missed the SPRING HAS ARRIVED Memo...

*Hug* for you too...

And Miss Tanya, Since it IS Easter, and it is all about forgiveness and stuff (haha), we'll let you off the hook THIS TIME ;)

April Mullen said...

Tanya:

I'm with Princess DJ... life's too short. But just in case you're still nervous...

*hug* (that's for Tanya)

*giggle*

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Yes Tanya, Here is one from your Auntie too

*Hug*

Tanya Reid said...

Forgiveness... for?
I haven't done anything... or, well, I'm not, not forgiving someone for something.
I think I'm missing something.

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

I forget... I have to sew. I have 2 hours, at least, left on my quilt before I go to bed.

Drive Safely. Post or something when you get there.