Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Just Crap!

Had to go pay a stupid bill... Blech!

Came home, updated my blog, my brother's blog, and talked to Princessa on MSN until Queenie got home and needed the computer for homework.

Had a bath to de-scent for Bible Study. Tried to look over the questions (which we never do anyway), then Al got home. Had to do up the budget for the next 2 months (Oh what FUN!!!!!!!)

Went to Bible Study (that part was fine, REALLY glad that Blair now has someone else to "debate" with besides me...)

Came home to a sad email from my LOIS's daughter saying that her mom thinks I am mad at her... And the truth is I just miss her so much that I can't stand emailing or calling her and she is so busy that she doesn't get the chance to get back to me and I end up thinking SHE is mad at ME. Truth be told, I HATE that she is not living here anymore and I never get to talk to her and I hate thinking that she doesn't want to talk to me...and so we BOTH end up thinking the same thing. Anyway, I cried, and emailed her, and cried some more... And some more...

Then I check my brother's blog to see if he added the comments... Well he did... And there was one there from the other person in his church who sang last night. (The one who was supposed to sing with Tanya last night but changed her mind yesterday afternoon, when I filled in). The comment was something to the effect Thanks for asking me to sing last night. Sorry the second song did not turn out as well... I will let YOU decipher what was meant by that comment.

And so, JUST CRAP!

Good Night...

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

5 comments:

April Mullen said...

Top 6 reasons why it's not Just Crap!

1) bills mean you have lights, heat, water, internet, phone...etc.

2)you talked to me in the MIDDLE of your day :)

3) Baths are NICE and budgets mean you have at least SOME money.

4) Bible Study was fine... and GOD was there.

5) The way I see it, your problem with Lois is that you and she love each other. Is that really a problem? And I'll bet your life is better just for having met her... so it was a good thing she lived near you, if only for a while. I think she was probably a blessing to you.

6) Because she didn't sing, YOU got to sing with YOUR NIECE.

And so, NOT CRAP!

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Ok...

1) Yes I have utilities... Good thing.

2) Talking to you was the HIGHLIGHT of my day!

3) Bath was a close second... Budgets SUCK! Sorry, can't give you that one...

4) Bible Study was fine... and God WAS there...AND Blair and I did NOT argue...I didn't even say a word when LOOKED RIGHT AT ME (small accomplishment on my part - yay!)

5) Lois was more than a blessing in my life. She is one of those people you just can't live without once you have been a part of her life. She helped me through some really tough times. It makes me sad she is still so sick, and so homesick.

6) Yes I did get to sing with my niece, for the first time. AND I did not cry...

And so, a little bit crap...OK?

April Mullen said...

Better.

See? I bet that made you stop and think!!

*hugs*

Tanya Reid said...

Yeah, you didn't cry while you sang in church, but you did cry when we were passing the light-house-ish area in not-Digby. I was slightly worried that you would cry in the middle of the song. Sometimes the songs can really touch your heart, I know that!
I have some other songs that make me cry. The worst one is 'Here I Am Lord' that I learned at a youth conference called TEC.
"I, the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin,
My hand will save.
I, who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear my light to them?
Whom shall I send? (Chorus)
Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.

I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have borne my people’s pain.
I have wept for love of them.
They turn away.

I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak my words to them.
Whom shall I send?
(Chorus)
Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.

I, the Lord of wind and flame,
I will send the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them.
My hand will save.

Finest bread I will provide,
'Til their hearts be satisfied.
I will give my life to them.
Whom shall I send?

(Chorus)
Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart. "

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Tanya, I really thought I was going to end up crying...not really because of the song, so much, as what I thought might be going through your father's mind as he listened to his daughter and his sister singing together for the first time.

Thank you for sharing that song. It is lovely. I will have to see if I can find it to listen to.