Monday, April 16, 2007

A Gaggle of Geese, A Falcon, and A Bald Eagle...And MOOSE!

Well, here is the picture post of Newfoundland!

This is my favorite picture that I took while I was there. This old broken down house is in the Codroy Valley.




This, too is in the Codroy Valley. Same photo~taking spot. So beautiful!



Codroy Valley again...




And again...





And again...






Same location, different shot of the Codroy Valley.





Once again...





A more panoramic view of the old broken down house. I love Black & Whites!






Imagine, Newfoundland, too, is NOT-DIGBY!!!! This one is for you April!





MOOSE!!!! I was in this store (The Newfoundland Emporium, in Cornerbrook), looking at the postcards and THIS saunters around the corner toward me! Scared the living daylights right out of me! I screamed and I think my chest pained for half an hour! I thought it was a bear. Turns out it was just "Moose", a 175 pound Nefoundland dog. He was so soft! And so gentle. He followed me around the store!





We made friends...






This is Cornerbrook taken up the hill at the Mall.





Karen and I "dined" at the Humber Valley Resort, just outside of Cornerbrook. This place is full of "Summer Homes"...looked more like Mansions to me!




This is the restaurant taken from the beach.





This is the front door of "Sully's", the restaurant in the Resort.




Sunset in the Codroy Valley, on the way home from Cornerbrook.





Taken outside Trudy's house in Port Aux Basques.




Can you imagine getting up every morning and seeing this? Gorgeous!





Outside Trudy's still.




Turns out, Spring did NOT forget Newfoundland! It sprung while I was there. ( I think I brought it with me...and left it there! Have you looked outside today?)





Spring had Sprung!





I don't what these are but they look like Christmas Bulbs! I thought they were pretty.





So, this was your picture tour of Newfoundland's Codroy Valley, Cornerbrook, and Port Aux Basque. What did you think??
OH, the Gaggle of Geese, the Falcon, and the Bald Eagle...I saw these on the way home today, but I was going to fast with too many cars behind me to stop and take pictures. Beautiful creatures though!

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

10 comments:

April Mullen said...

WOW!! I can't wait to go to NF! What a beautiful place.

Could you go back and get Spring?

Thanks,
Princessa.

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

It is beautiful! And I am thinking going back to get Spring would not be a bad idea...except, of course the 5 hour drive TO the ferry, the 7 1/2 hours ON the ferry, then the same in reverse...just to go fetch Spring...

April Mullen said...

On second thought, I need some time before you LEAVE ME again.

*giggle*

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Ok I won't leave til May when I go see Lois.

April Mullen said...

that is NEXT MONTH!

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

But it is only for a weekend. On the 20th (If I am allowed to go)

Al is going to Quispamsis first weekend of May, perhaps I will have to go on a road trip... We will have to see how the finances are. Victoria's birthday is that weekend too.

Anonymous said...

beautiful pics Donna... April... I agree with you... she needs to go back and fetch Spring...Moose has got to be my favorite part of your trip though...

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

I think he had to be one of my favorite parts of the trip!

Kelly said...

awesome pictures. One day AJ and I will make it to NF. :)

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Kelly, You really should try to go. I think EVERYONE should go there at least once. I still beieve that NL is Canada's best kept secret!

*See you tomorrow - YAY!*