AUGH! The several hours I spent last night fighting with the music program and making my CD's were for naught! They only work on the computer! I do NOT know what I did, but I DO know I was MAD!!! So, my MOST wonderful husband re-wrote the songs to disc for me for my trip.
He also let me sleep a lot today, since I am TRYING to store up some sleep for the night I am not going to get any... I leave for Newfoundland, officially, on the 11th, which is Wednesday of next week... However, I have to leave at 3 in the MORNING in order to get to the ferry on time, SO I really am leaving Tuesday night. When all of YOU are going to be soundly sleeping, I will be cruising down the highway with the tunes blasting and about 3 travel mugs full of VERY STRONG tea beside me! And about the time you are {whatever it is you do at 10:30 in the morning} I will be checking in to board the ferry. Can you tell I am excited??
I made my list today of what I need to remember to bring with me. Guess how many pages it is??? Can you guess? Come on, you know me, THINK... (And those who know, don't cheat and tell!) I will post TOMORROW how many pages it is!
And no, I didn't get anything done on my quilt, except a few more bits cut out. It is a good thing it is only a scrap quilt and I do not have to worry about making any pattern, and it is made of fleece, front and back, so there is not fiddling with batting, so once I sit at the sewing machine it really will go fast. Perhaps in the morning before I go for Tea at Kelly's.
Tonight I went to Elizabeth's to help her celebrate her 32nd birthday. She wanted me to come tomorrow night, but I told her tonight would be better because I need to get up Sunday for church then go to Truro. We were invited to Al's Mom's and Step-Father's for Easter Dinner. We will leave right from church.
I need to say a public "I am so VERY proud of you!" to my brother, Pastor Brother Brian, who had his very last class of his degree at Acadia Divinity School last night! Brian, way to go! I know it hasn't been easy, but you did it! And Peggy, I bet you are glad that it is finally over too! Thank you, from Brian's sister, for being there for him and supporting him ALL THESE YEARS, when many wives would just say "You're crazy!", if her husband came to her and told her he wanted to go to school for 3 years! I am very happy for both of you that you have such a loving church family there in NOT-Digby...
Now, I am going to go bed. It is PAST Pumpkin Time, and although I did as I told Al I would, and was home BY Pumpkin Time, I am sitting here with you instead of upstairs with him, so I bid you all a fond farewell... Ok, not farewell, just good night... There is a time for many words and there is a time for sleep...
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
7 comments:
Hey Princess!
I am sorry that your work with those CD's was "wasted"... but aren't you glad for sweet hubbies who recognize when you've had enough and sweep in and totally make your day? (Must be nice! haha!)
I have missed talking to you... and then you're going to NF... but before that you're gonna be so busy finishing your quilt that you're not gonna have any time for me. *sniff*
Have a great day! Happy Sewing! I would tell you I will be thinking of you at 3am on Tuesday morning, but I really would rather sleep. *giggle, giggle*
C-ya!
Hey Princessa,
I won't TOTALLY not be here... I will pop in now and then when my back gets sore from leaning over the table to pin the quilt. I don't think I will pin the whole thing, just the middle. It will save LOADS of time, and save my back (leaning over the cutting/pinning table - AKA Dining Room Table!) is really hard on the back!
I WILL talk to you at some point today. I promise. If I don't catch you on here I will call, K?
Love~N~Hugs...
Hey You it's Me..
Now that I know how to respond here I am from the great white north... I could guess how many pages your lists were but you and I both know that it doesn't really matter because despite the fact that you WILL forget that which you think you need the most you will realize that the only thing you need to enjoy youself is you! Have a happy Easter with Al's parents and say hi to the gang from us....we will be here in the great white north...love and kisses...me
Hi Lois,
Yes you are right. I will forget something...something vital. Good thing there is A STORE in Port Aux Basque!
I am glad that you can comment now. I won't think that you are ignoring me (You know how needy I am *sniff*)
I am going to go make my quilt. Love you bunches and bunches...
Kisses,
Me
P.S.
My guess is seven.
*giggle*
April, you think she has only 7? Well she was at my place last night and each list had at least 7 different sections... so each section is considered a list in and of itself. At the top of one list was a star that had "need to wash" beside it, and guess what was under that list? Items that would not normally be washed... pens, bible, bible case, etc... I might be able to understand bible case...but her bible? NAH I just cant see it. LOL...
Donna... Thanks for coming over last night... I hope you had fun like I did... I shall endeavor not to let secrets spill again in the future...haha... Tell my UNCLE I still appreciate him and his concern for me...LOL
I am glad that Lois has found out how to post on here for you. SNIFF SNIFF SNUFFLE SNUFFLE...get your kleenex out... you will need them every time she posts on here.
bye for now.
Elizabeth, SASSY MUCH!!!
Yes I am very glad that Lois is posting here now. I miss her you know!
AND, NO ONE had as much "fun" as you!!
AND, You just didn't know how to read the list...
AND, as for Newfoundland not getting the memo that it was SPRING... I think God is trying to prepare me for WINTER... Have you LOOKED outside???
Post a Comment