Wednesday, April 11, 2007

In Newfoundland Waters

Look what you find when you go exploring! I found internet!!! And only 13c/minute! Cheaper than my cell phone. So, I dropped in all the change I had and I have an hour. It's a good thing too, because this old thing is as slow as molasses in February!

Obviously, I made to North Sydney OK. I had a great drive. Listened to my music REALLY LOUDLY, and sang even louder! I stopped for gas and a pee in Westville (just outside of New Glasgow) and then drove straight through to the Big Stop at Auld's Cove, just before the Canso Causeway. Stopped there at 6AM for breakfast (ham and eggs and toast). I drank more tea this morning that if I never see another cup of tea again, it will be too soon! {Now, having said that, and having that sweet granola bar, a cup of tea MIGHT be nice...}

They just announced that the cafeteria was open for supper. I thought "Man that half hour went by FAST!" I had just asked a lady if it was open and she said not til 5:00. I looked at my watch, it was 4:30, so I went wandering. When I sat down here *Eureka!*, the clock on the PC said 5:00, so...I guess I am in Newfoundland Waters now. Only 2 hours of the sail left.

I did sleep on the Not-Ship for about 3 hours or so. I put the discman on and drifted off to dreamland. Woke up when the music stopped, put on another CD, changed position in the chair/table (head/pillow), and went back to sleep. I am glad that the stopping of the music did wake me because otherwise, 3 hours all scrunched over in the same position would have really given me a stiff neck! {I figured that falling asleep whilst knitting was a good sign to put the knitting away and have a nap!}

I think that the Not-Ship is pitching. More seasoned sailors (not mentioning any names) might disagree, but I can't walk straight, and when I was having a pee, I almost fell off the toilet! *TMI, I know, but it was kinda funny*

I saw the moon rising this early morning. It was fantastic! It was a perfect half moon, and it was the color of my truck, maybe a bit redder, and it was so low on the horizon. I watched it rise higher and higher into the sky, get further and further away, and less red, less orange, til it was it's normal pale, almost white. Then it was dawn.

I did not actually SEE the sun rise because I was eating at the time, but I did see dawn approaching. As the mountains of Cape Breton came into view, all you could see were the tops of the mountains, shrouded in the "sky blue pink" of the dawn, and enveloped by fog. It turned out to be a beautiful day. So far, the sun is still shining and, although I have not been outside since I went out to see us take off, it does look to be a very nice day.

I think that's all for now. I am going to send some emails, and see if maybe messenger is on here somewhere...

I hope everyone has a great day/evening, and I will post whenever I get another chance. *At least now I know to bring change with me on the way back home!*

Have a Bright, BRIGHT, Sunshiney Day...I am!

Hugs from Newfoundland Waters!

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

2 comments:

April Mullen said...

Wow! It was so nice to hear from you while you were sailing! I'm sorry I didn't get to my email in time. Had you sent me a note before your blog, I would have gotten it, I think.

Hugs for your trip,
Princessa Mirabella

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

I was just so excited to get everyone updated, so sorry I did not send the emails first.

Talk to you soon!