Saturday, April 7, 2007

Ferry Quilt - It Is Finished!

Ever notice that the tireder you are the longer it takes you to do something???? It took me the better part of an hour to get this posted properly!

Anyway, I am finally done my Ferry Quilt. Here are some pictures {I am glad that you cannot see the mistakes!!!}

In this picture it kinds looks busy, but the pink is all on one side and the blue on the other. This is just so you get the idea.





The pink floral on one side corresponds with the blue stripes on the other.





And Vice~Versa...





The Pink Side...




And the Blue Side...


And the reason it took me so bloody long...the detailed machine quilting of the flowers {I have never done this before...And, BOY can you tell!}




And the same with the pink flowers. By quilting the flowers on the one side, you get the detail of the flower outline on the striped side. Neat, eh?


Ok, I am so tired I can't blame spelling errors on bad typing. I just plain can't think straight... Oh man, how am I gonna drive to the ferry at 3 in the AM? It is 3 in the AM right now and I am bush~whacked! 'Course, I will have slept most of the afternoon and evening and will only (hopefully) be getting up in time to shower, get dressed, etc, and leave...
I know I did not post how many pages my list is, but I only had 1 guess. I will post tomorrow if I get more guesses.
Good night {Good Morning?}
Happy Resurrection Day!
He is risen! He is risen INDEED!


And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

4 comments:

April Mullen said...

I love your quilt. It is well worth the effort and the length of time it took to reach full completion, I would say.

I'm kinda jealous, actually... I would like to have a quilt like that now!

Hope to talk to you later.
xo

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Well maybe somebody should make you one for your birthday...

April Mullen said...

Oh... good idea! *hint* You have 12 days! (ohoh... that makes how many days after you get home???)

HAHA... I'll die if you do that. I'm not worth it.

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

You ARE worth it, I just don't think I will have enough time to get it done and sent... :(