Thursday, March 1, 2007

When Did Mornings Become So Early, and When Did My Feet Get To Be So Far Away??

It is 8:28am, and I am kinda waiting for Queenie to come back and tell me she missed the bus. I managed to sleep through an hour of my alarm clock going off, which made her an hour late getting up and going... I SO don't want to get dressed and drive to school. I actually want to go back to bed for a while. See, I know that there is no way I could reach my feet this morning to put on socks. When did my feet get to be so far away?

{This is will an add-as-the-day-goes-on post...}


9:48am...

So much for going back to bed... And I guess Queenie did not miss the bus because she did not come back...

If I am going to make my 11:00 nail appointment, I had better go have my bath and get dressed. Think I will go into the Witness...they are having a sale...and you KNOW I can't resist a sale...especially on books!

So, CIAO for now...


2:48pm


Back from getting my hands treated. They are still dry and sore, but better.
I did not end up going to the Witness. Figured I would spend too much money so I just steered clear. Realized I have not eaten today and am getting a bit hungry. Must go foraging for something to eat, then go get Cody at school (he stayed after to get some work done on a project), then home to make supper, then take the kidlettes to the movie... I would love to just sit and rest, play my piano, my guitar, chill, SLEEP!

BUT... The manicurist may be opening her own Salon/Spa and she wants me to make purses and things to sell in her shop! AND she just asked me to make HER a purse, so I get to go fabric shopping without feeling guilty. Man God works in funny ways sometimes...

Ok, off to eat something...

10:08pm

Hmm...**:*8...that has been the time all day... Do you suppose that is because I got up at 8 instead of 7 like I was supposed to {see the sleeping through the alarm bit...}

Well, I took my 2 boys and one of their friends to see Ghost Rider. Not bad, for a scary-type movie. Good thing I realized I was sitting with Andrew and not Al because Al usually gets smacked when I get startled at a movie (I don't KNOW why...). I did not smack Andrew, I am happy to report. I told Andrew I would be very disappointed if they did not play "Ghost Riders In The Sky" at least once in the movie. They did...at the credits...all hyped up and techno~ed...not the real thing. So they decided that I needed to download it so they could hear it. I ended up having to go YouTube for an old video of Johnny Cash singing it so they could hear it and GO TO BED. Ares was not being co-operative. Seems everyone and their dog is downloading that song tonight. Cody figures everyone just got home from seeing the movie and want to hear it just like we do. Do you remember when you thought of the world being that small?? It used to be. Used to be you never thought of individuals on the other side of the world. Now, with the world literally at our fingertips, it is dichotomically enormous and miniscule... There... That is my esoteric thought for the day.

It is the end of the day, and as I wrote in my "About Me" section, I really do have a pretty great life. No one's life is perfect, I have come realize, just some are better at hiding their crap than others. Was today perfect? Are you nuts?? Did we make it through? Of course we did. Life is full of ups and downs. Sometimes they just come at you so fast you feel as though you are on a Roller Coaster... Sometimes the "Up" is a difficult climb from the previous "Down", and sometimes God blesses us with days that are almost all "Up". However, this day was not one of those... As is normal when Daddy is at Sea, the ups and downs came at Roller Coaster speed... One minute you are wondering why you even bother, and the next you are wondering how you could ever live life any other way. One minute you are waiting for the bottom to completely fall out, and the next you are thinking it never could...

Everyone is in bed now, except me and the dog...well the dog THINKS he is in bed, but he is, in fact, in Victoria's bed, and will soon be moved into his own...




And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there mommy. I want to blog too, but you need a computer for that,haha!

I like what you did, it is very apealling to the eye. Great job!

Gotta run but will be checking for more.

kisses
me

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Thanks Mommy... You need to get a computer! Did you get your car back yet?

Anonymous said...

fWell my dear sister, I can't seem to find time to creat my own blog; so I just live vicarasily (spelling ?) through you. Great job you did setting this up. Read most of your blogs.

An update on me; I met with the Ministerial Board of Standards from the Convention of Atlatic Baptist Wed. for an hour. Went well, very entimidating. I am only a few short weeks away from finishing classes (April 8) and then graduating (May 13).

Donna can you and Al come to my Commissioning Dinner and Service on Friday May 11, 6pm. I would be honored if you could sit at my table.

Peggy's job is going well; still alot tfor her to get used to in a new store and the drive is 35 minutes each way and she doesn't like that. Tanya is doing well; she likes her new job at ONline Support. Her and Andy are going through the usually stuff young married kids go through.

Things at the church in New Tusket are very busy, as am I as well. Did you get your new ride. Sounded like you did in your blog.

I am so happy to hear in your comments that you are happy; that makes me happy :)

Got to run, love you and all the rest.
Pastor Brother Brian

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Dear Pastor Brother Brian,

That sounds like an ordained Monk...haha

Thanks for reading and leaving a message. I am sending you an email...

Love your Baby Sister