Friday, March 30, 2007

"Al, You Win"

Al and I had an interesting evening! We went out to O'Carroll's (an Irish Pub in Halifax...the first place he ever took me) for dinner and to hear a new band called Potter's Field. The band was great! Here is their website...http://pottersfield.ca And for you Valley Folk, they will be at Patty's both Friday and Saturday nights of Apple Blossom! Worth going to see!

Anyway, we were rocking along, having a great time listening to the music and singing along. The band was very entertaining, interacting with the audience. Then, as the night was beginning to draw to a close, Al says "that's Seamus O'Regan" sitting next to us. I said, "no it isn't! Seamus is better looking..." (sorry Seamus!) Anyway we argued back and forth a bit whether or not this WAS Seamus O'Regan, along with Tom Clarke from CTV News. Course, I should have known better than to argue. HE watches the news, I don't!

However, curiosity got the better of me and I went over..."Excuse me, my husband and I are having a conversation... He says you are Seamus O'Regan..." He says, "I am..." Long story short, we introduced ourselves properly to one another, Seamus came over to meet Al, to ask if he actually won anything from me for "winning" (which he did NOT). Then Al asked both men for autographs. Seamus wrote "Al, you win!" I told Seamus that it was just so that his friends in the Navy couldn't call him a liar. Evidently he has a brother who is a Rear Admiral (or something equally as dignified) in the Navy, and he had a bit of a chat with Al about his ship, etc., and wished him luck.

Both Seamus and Tom were very gracious to everyone who wanted to meet them, shake hands, get photos taken, etc. Real gentlemen. I wonder if there is something going on in Halifax this weekend that they are here covering. MAYBE they are here to cover the fights tomorrow night and we'll see them again. I told Al he should bring the camera...

I guess, technically, you could say we partied with Seamus O'Regan and Tom Clark! haha

We had a really good time tonight. Good band, good atmosphere, celebrities... What more could you ask for? Oh yeah, that it would NOT have been snowing when we left! Isn't it Spring?

Earlier today we went up to visit Scooby. He was awfully glad to see Al. We stayed and had lunch with him and his Mom, then came home.

All in all, we had a pretty great day. Definitely a bright orange day! Big and bold and colorful! How was your day??

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

2 comments:

April Mullen said...

Oh WOW!! Kudos to Al on the big win! (Al, you don't know me, but I'll bet you don't get to win many arguments with the Princess!)

Yup... not many bands, not much atmosphere, and I doubt ANY celebrities here in Not-Digby. *sigh* You are SO lucky! I'd settle for just dinner and a movie sometime. Well, at least we got to colour in Bible Study.

I'm very happy for you that you had such a fab night. You are so bold to just walk right up to those guys! (I guess this is where the similarities between us end) I AM SO SHY!

TTFN! :)

P.S. Three Cheers for AL!

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

He says he doesn't win arguemtns with me...

It was really fun. And I hummed and hawed for a LONG time before I finally asked him. Al wouldn't and I couldn't bear it any longer! It really was kinda neat though. Not like it was Jonny Depp, or anything...I would have been thr first one approaching HIM! haha But, hey, how often do you supposed anybody like that is in an Irish Pub in Halifax to listen to the music??

And we NEVER get to color in Bible Study. Must talk to Juliet about that!

Have a great day Princessa Mirabella. We have errands to run, and tonight tickets to the UFC fights (not that I am overly excited about going to the fights, but the guy whose ticket the "extra" one was can't go, and if our other friend isn't over his cold/flu enough today to go, I said I would go just so the ticket got used...)

Have a splendiferous day...