I had planned to not go to church this morning when I found out I was to be having a houseful of company over night, and I rarely get to see this friend and I wanted to spend time with her, and our kids wanted to spend time together, and so, we skipped church this morning. I don't think we would have made it anyway, because we ALL slept in... All except Andrew of course. He only sleeps in when he does not want to get up for school... But that is all about being a teenager I guess...
The kids had loads of fun today. They went and played at the gym. Went swimming. Played at the gym some more. They had so much fun that Queenie fell asleep in the middle of the afternoon. She NEVER does that!
Deborah and I had a good time spending the afternoon together, just the two of us. No "Mom can I...", "Mom she...", "Mama I want...". It was really nice. We haven't had a chance to do this since...since...well, I don't know because we always had Cassia when we both lived in NB because she hadn't started school yet. I guess we had a little bit of time when she was off work last year when she injured her eye and all the kids were in school. Regardless, it was a nice change for us.
After I made supper and the kids were all settled in front of their TV's, I went over to visit our friend Malcolm for an hour or so. Found out he is headed to Afghanistan for 7 weeks. He will be gone for training before I get back from Newfoundland and will leave for Afghanistan right from there. I hate that. I hate the thoughts of our friends going off to WAR! What is this? The Middle Ages or something. I feel like I am living in a time warp. People don't go to WAR in this day and age. ESPECIALLY our FRIENDS! It is just a little too close to home for me. Mattie just got back, Malcolm is leaving... And it is only going to get worse. It scares me.
I mentioned to him about being scared of Al getting sent to the Gulf. He said "I would be more worried about you while he's gone than him on a ship", I thought that was kinda sweet. He tries to be a big, tough guy, but sometimes he slips up. He figures that the ships would be safe in the water. I hope so. We have lots of friends on lots of ships, and they go longer than a few weeks. It takes almost a few weeks to get there. Not like those Army guys who fly over and land smack dab in the middle of the "action".
Enough of that! Today was a positive day. I had fun today. I am not going to let the "What if's..." get me down tonight. It is the "What If's...", the "Should have's...", the "Ought to's..." that kill us! Worrying about things that have not happened yet, may never happen. Ryllonna used to tell us not to "Should yourselves to death". Good advise!
So, what color was today? Perhaps it was a kaleidoscope...
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
2 comments:
The thought of anyone going to war is pretty scary. I pray that God will go with your friends and bring them home safely.
HAve a bright, bright, sunshiny day!
Thanks April!
The sun IS shining. I may try to visit our friend who broke his leg last weekend in the ice storm. See how he is dping post-surgery.
You have a great day too!
Post a Comment