Today was a quiet one on the homefront. Didn't really do much besides wait for the oil man to come put fuel in the tank, and then wait for the furnace man to come bleed the lines. Turns out, the gauge on the oil tank is broken and although it was reading that we had oil, we ran out...YESTERDAY! Course, brilliant me, I didn't figure it out til "after hours" so they could not come til "this morning", which just happened to be 2:00 this afternoon. I am very thankful that we have a fireplace! It kept us nice and toasty.
The weather was INCREDIBLE today. Nice and warm. BUT I am not getting my hopes up... Number 1, I am going to Newfoundland in 15 days, and it will still be WINTER there; and number 2, I have seen it snow in June... We just have to take the warm days as they come I guess.
So, that was most of my day. I went and got my niece. She is spending the night, going to Bible Study in the morning, and I am taking her for her errands in the afternoon.
I did some laundry... Now I remember WHY I do not do laundry. My body does not enjoy the carrying of the baskets, the lifting and shoving, etc. But I needed to make sure that my things were washed properly in unscented detergent as I am trying to completely unscent all our clothes so that we do not set off Julie's illness.
Al comes home tomorrow. YAY! I got to email him back and forth quite a bit today. This is a treat when he is away. I can't wait to see him tomorrow.
That about covers my exciting life today... I hope the rest of you had a wonderful day!
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
6 comments:
I am up much too late. I was actually in bed and I got up again because I had stuff running through my brain to write to my Dad in an e-mail and I had to catch it before it ran out!!
Your day was as exciting as mine was!
I'm happy for you that hubby will be returning to you.
Three Cheers!
It is uncanny, April...
I was commenting on YOUR Blog as you were commenting on MINE!
And, yes, I have to get up and write things down to before I either forget, or obssess ABOUT NOT forgetting!!!
Hey Donna I learnt something from having an oil tank at Causeway Road. Apparently (and we were told this by the oil company) if you run out of oil and its they cant deliver for a while then dump some gas in there. Yes gas that you put in the car!! Its not advisable to do it all the time (probably work out a lot more expensive too) but in emergencies its fine. Learn something new everyday dont ya :)
Hey Jo... That is cool! Thanks for telling me! Very good to know, since the stinkin' gauge obviously does not work properly!
Yes I learnt that one whilst I was shivering and calling the oil company seeing if they could deliver earlier. Its not advisable to run the tank right down to empty either as it will drag the sludge off the bottom and that will bugger up your furnace. Although my gas bills are extremely high now, I am so glad we dont have an oil tank to worry about :)
Since I was part of this blog I thought I would comment... I love the fact taht when I am in a situation with no car that all I have to do is call Donna and if she can she will take me where I need to go. That is the one of the things I can count on with her...She will make sure that I get to where I need to be...As always Donna you are a blessing in my life and not just because you have a vehicle..but because of who you are, how you have risen above so many obstacles in your life. You make me proud to call you my Auntie...Even if I was not allowed to call you Aunt Donna for the first 20 years of my life.
Post a Comment