
If I had to choose a color to describe today it would have to be Violet. Today was a Violet day. My initial thought was Orange, but since the weather was grey, then it snowed, now it is freezing rain, Orange just did not seem to fit. It was a really good day, so it had to be a happy color, but happy colors are warm...today was not a warm day! So I contemplated for a while and decided that Violet was a happy color, yet it belongs to the "cool color palette", so it fits this happy, winter day. And oh, has winter arrived! We are having quite the storm. I only hope that tomorrow it gets to 6 degrees like they say and it all melts so no one has to shovel!
I spent today with Kelly and Micah and Isaac. I picked them up and we went mall-hopping. I did go to the Witness. Turns out their sale was not as good as we had hoped, and so I only bought 2 $5.00 CD's. We hunted around a little for a day timer for Kelly, but there is nothing in Penhorn anymore! Poor little Micah cut his finger on the shopping cart. I was very impressed at how much he did NOT cry. Victoria would STILL be crying! He is such a brave boy. Then again, french fries have been known to heal bigger things than a cut finger... They even help one recover from child birth!
As we were getting ready to leave Penhorn my cell rang. I figured it was Victoria telling me she was home... It was not. It was My Handsome Sailor! One of the guns on the ship broke and they needed to come into the dockyard to get it fixed. I was very happy (to say the least!) to hear his voice! I was so excited...until he told me they were not allowed to leave the ship, and No, I was not allowed on it either. It was very difficult knowing he was so close but that I could not see him. I miss him so much when he is away. It is going to be very difficult when he goes away for months at a time!
After I finished talking to Al, Kelly and the boys and I headed for Mic Mac. She was still looking for a day timer (Zellers did not have any left, Hallmark did not have any left...), and I finally got to pick up my ring that was away being sized. It is very pretty! Let's see if I can figure out how to post a picture... I added it, but it is not where I want it and I don't know how to change it. I guess it will have to do.
Anyway, we were going to go to Chapters to look for a daytimer, but it was getting pretty close to the boys' suppertime and we still needed to run to the grocery store to FIND something for supper. We also stopped by Kelly's to get Jack as he had been home all day locked up in his kennel.
Sobey's was a nightmare. I think people were getting ready for the storm because I think everyone in all of HRM was in that little Sobey's! I grabbed chicken nuggets and fries for the kids (Victoria's request), and real chicken for Kelly and I {not to mention half the store! Ever notice that no matter what you go into the grocery store for, you always spend at least $75?}
We got back here to my place and I put the nuggets and fries on for the kids as I prepared the chicken for us. Ever notice that the length of time it takes something to cook is directly UNproportionate (Inproportionate?) to how hungry one is? I think that I could have killed, defeathered, deboned a whole chicken in the time it took two chicken breasts to cook!
Al called again around supper time to say that they were leaving the harbour soon. Not long after he called, Scooby called. His ship is sailing with Al's and the rumour going around his ship was that Al's ship got shore leave and were staying the weekend here. He got tired of the rumour so he called me to get it straightened out. I told him, sadly, no, they were not even allowed to set foot off the ship. Scooby's ship is anchored in Bedford Basin and is staying there the night due to the weather. I imagine Al's will be somewhere close by it.
After supper it was time for the trek back to Kelly's. She put the boys to bed, I prepared a snack and then we settled in to watch The Devil Wears Prada. Very good movie, but then again, I really like Anne Hathaway... After the movie I braved the storm to come home. Went out to the truck only to find that dear Micah had left the back window open about 2 or 3 inches and I had about 2 or 3 inches of snow on the seat of my new truck! So Kelly came out with a couple towels and we cleaned it up and, finally, I was homeward bound.
The roads were a bit tricky. I am not used to driving a standard in the snow...well I wasn't when I left there. I can do it now...obviously, as I am sitting here typing this, listening to the storm. I am some glad that I have a fireplace. If it gets much windier we may lose power. After all, we lost power in the middle of the summer because of FOG! If fog can knock out power in HRM, 80 km/h winds and snow/sleet surely can!
And so now I am home. I am tired and I think it just might be my bed time. I am going to put the computer down for it's nap and head on upstairs now. I hope everyone else had a "violet" day too.
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
Life As I Know It
2 comments:
Thanks again for a fun day! :) Micah woke up this morning at 5.45 talking all about blood, and how he had never blooded so much, and how his finger didn't have any blood on it any more. I think he thought it was kind of cool. :)
Hey Kelly,
Poor Micah. Maybe he was dreaming about it...
See you soon...
Post a Comment