Ever notice that the higher the rank, the least considerate the person? We share a driveway with a PO. I got up this morning after last night's storm and his half of the driveway was shovelled. Now, normally, this would not be a big deal, but he knows my husband is at Sea, and most other people I know would help a Navy Wife who is at home alone with the kids, but NO, not a PO! Anyway, joke's on him, because he got up and shovelled his half of the driveway, but by the time it time for me to leave ALL the snow had melted, and the stuck up PO didn't have to shovel at all!!!
So, the kids and I and the stupid dog headed to "Digby" to my brother's (Pastor Brother Brian) for the night to go to his church (and I get to sing...) Turns out, he is not in Digby at all! We met in Digby, then I followed him for another 45 minutes to his house. We went through Weymouth, and various other little settlements that I have never heard of before. We are ALMOST to Yarmouth!!!! This is as far from my house as the Newfoundland ferry! Anyway, dog got car sick. Threw up and crapped in his kennel. I wanted to leave him side the road, but Victoria wouldn't let me, so I told her she had to clean up the mess. She did.
So now we are at Brian's. He is finally done with his computer, so I can email Al and make a short blog entry.
That is it for now. It is nearly bedtime. Actually, it is bedtime because people are going to bed around me.
The dog is getting a hotdog filled with GRAVOL on the way home!
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
3 comments:
Yeah, the drives can be pretty crazy, that's for sure. I'm assuming that the extra hour made it just that much worse for you guys, but it's still pretty long for me. Just over 2 hours (depending on my speed). And I do that drive nearly every weekend, unless I dont have the gas money, or something else comes up.
It was nice to have you at my folk's house today. Haven't seen you guys since the wedding. :-)
And by the way, you've gotta stop feeding those kids miracle grow. Lol!!!
Anyhoo, I've gotta go......... since you want the computer back. Haha! It's nice for dad to have the support from the family.
-Tanya
Mmmm Dog puke. There's nothing quite like it. Jack is kind enough usually to eat his after he throws up. :) Hope you had a good trip. Jay recieved a 97% in favor vote- which is awesome. People really liked him.
Hey Kelly,
And the fun part is, he did it again on the way home because, you see, New Tusket does not have a pharmacy...
Our trip was great, except for the dog barf...
See, I knew they did not need me there to vote in Jay. I figured it was in the bag once it got that far anyway, but I am glad that the folks liked him. What did HE think of everyone??
Post a Comment