Saturday, March 31, 2007

Fights! Woo Hoo...

Today started out slow, but very quickly became a flurry of activity! We had to run off to Walmart to pick up the kids' pictures. They really did not turn out as good as they could have. I really do not think I will take them there for photos again. I mean, they broke the camera halfway through and we did not even get all the poses we were supposed to get! Nevertheless, we got the pictures, and of course, bad photography or not, my babies are adorable!

Then it was time to actually go INTO Walmart... As always, it was a madhouse! I picked up the few things I needed in there (except socks because I flat out refused to pay $7 for 3 pair of socks!)

When we were done at Walmart we headed off to Superstore for prescriptions and groceries. (Shopping with a teenager is not much better than shopping with a toddler!!!) I did, however, find socks at Superstore! Five pair for $3! So I got 2 packages. One browns and one lime greens! AND they do NOT fall down inside my boots, AND they do not have the big toe out! I am so happy!

After we got home the rush was on. Scott was still too sick to to the Fights with Al, so instead of the ticket sitting in the cupboard I got ready to go with him.

We got there and did not have to stand in line, as we had tickets, so we went in the side door. BUT, here is the real kicker, there were security FRISKING people as they went in!!! They, luckily, did not frisk the women, just searched our handbags and CONFISCATED OUR DIET COKE!!!!!!!!! And they did not sell Diet Coke there, NOR did they return it at the end of the evening. Now, just ask me how impressed I was having my Diet Coke taken away!!!

It was not as much fun as last night, but at least we were together, we were with friends... AND The Trailer Park Boys were there too! Last night we "partied" with famous people, tonight we were at the Fights with famous people! {OK, I, would not know them if they fell on the ground in front of me, and we actually did not SEE them, but the announcer said they were there and pointed to the table they were sitting at and they were only about 6 or 7 tables from us...}


We had pretty decent tickets, I guess, because we got VIP passes when we went in and were at a table in the "Silver" section.

It took me quite a while to become interested. I spent a little while texting Elizabeth, then finally decided to pay attention. Not that I understood any of it (particularly why 2 grown people would willing get into a CAGE and pound on one another...and not just men, there was a FEMALE Fight too! And, let me tell you, this was no Cat Fight!)

The "Main Event", the last one, naturally, lasted only 20 seconds. The Halifax guy won the Light Heavy Weight Title... Here is the link for anyone who might be interested. http://www.eccmma.com/

We dropped Mattie and Ashley off at home and came home. Al is gone to bed, but I was a bit peckish, so I had a sandwich, and sat down to type tonight's Blog.

Now, to quote Homer {Greek epic poet {800 BC - 700 BC)}, from The Odyssey

There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep.
And now, is the time for sleep. (See April, I can play too!)

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

2 comments:

April Mullen said...

Well, Princess... I have a few things.

1) I hope WalMart gave you some money back or a coupon for more photos or something for your trouble.

2) I can call and ask for your Diet Coke back if you want.

3) I knew you would look up my quote because, while I haven't known you long, I know you would check a word for proper spelling if I mentioned I wasn't sure of it. (I can't remember the word, but I know you've done it before!)

4) Checking is not a bad thing; it keeps people "learned".

5) I checked the quote: "Good Night, Good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow." - (Act II, Scene II: Romeo and Juliet).

Catch you on the flip side, Princess!

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Well, Well Princessa...

1) Walmart gave us a free 8X10 of the 3 kidlettes together.

2) If you can get that REALLY REALLY REALLY BIG BLACK GUY to give my Diet Coke back...I would love you forever! haha (He was really big, did I mention that?)

3) Always trying to be helpful...

4) That's what I think. Never take someone else's word for it. Your daddy was a preacher, surely you know to always check the references...

5)You Rock! You got it almost prefect!

I will be on the Flip Side as soon as you post something new...

How was my brother this morning???