Monday, March 19, 2007

Use It Or Lose It!!!

So, I am not surprised that my guitar playing REALLY sucks, because I am just learning, and for the most part, am teaching myself. There is very good reason that I can't just sit down and play a song, even if it does only have 2 or 3 chords.

HOWEVER...There are 227,136 reason why I should be able to sit at my piano and play, at the very least, songs I USED to know. So, why is it that my old friend Mozart is eluding me??? I had, at least 8112 piano lessons. I was playing at a grade 8 level, in the Royal Conservatory Series. Now, I don't know if my brain can't remember how to read the music, or if my fingers can't remember what to do with the keys. Either way, it is very disheartening... I feel like I let my mother down, because those previously mentioned 227,136 reasons were hers! I feel like I let Mrs Mather down, because those 8112 hours were hers. And all that hard work was mine.

Juliet has her work cut out for her when I start my lessons this week... I wonder if I will ever get back to the level I was at when my wonderful husband dropped my piano down the stairs? I wonder if I will ever figure out that guitar? They say that talents and gifts are inherent. If this is so, then there is no reason that with lots of practice, I shouldn't be playing (and teaching) again.

Yes, I am disgusted, discouraged, and depressed. I think it is time to put the instruments away for the day and try something else to pass the time...


******

I went over to Julie's to pick up the "extra" book for Wednesday night, as I had to send ours with Al this morning and I was not finished with it, and besides, I do not like to share... I had a nice, albeit short, visit with Julie. Even though I tried VERY hard to be scent-free, something still set her off. I am thinking that it is because I forgot to keep my clothes washed in unscented detergent separate from the ones I have not had the chance to rewash yet, and the scent transferred. Or, it could be left over in my truck from whatever Saturn cleans with, or maybe from the scented products we wear on normal days and that smell got stuck in the fabric of the seats. I think I will air it out on Wednesday to make sure that there are not residual odors in the truck to get on me on the way to Bible Study.

When I got home, my genius boys were spraying each other with TAG. I quickly confiscated that and threw it away. It was even giving ME a headache!!!!

I spent most of the day practicing my piano and my guitar. Hopefully tomorrow I will spend some time doing something else! I want to get a quilt made before I go to Newfoundland with all the fleece scraps from Christmas so I will have something warm to snuggle with while I am seasick on the boat! Perhaps I will start that. Whatever I end up doing tomorrow will have to be decided tomorrow, because right now I am heading to bed with my book.

Night Everyone!





And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

No comments: