That is because it was payday, which meant bills and groceries, etc. We had our nephew with us for a few days and so on Thursday we took the four kids to the movies (they were having twoonie matinees). I took Queenie to see Charlotte's Web. You know they actually wanted you to feel sorry for a SPIDER!!!!! Al took the 3 boys to see Eragon. After that we went to A&W (the only fast food joint left in Penhorn), then the boys went to see Night At The Museum while we went down the mall to Sobey's for groceries. After we went and paid some bills, then came home. Found something quick for the kidlettes to eat for supper, then Al and I went to Kara's to get Al's tattoo touched up (Jesus had no nose...) THEN... We went to Blessings so I could find a Bible Cover for my new Bible, as I did not want it to get all banged up. I think I sat on the floor of the store at the Bible Cover shelves for at least an hour trying to find just the right one. It needed to be pretty, and girly, have a handle, and be big enough for my Bible, it needed compartments for a notebook, my study book, my In Touch magazine, pens/pencils/highlighters, and, of course, Post-It Notes! The one I really wanted was a very pretty turquoise, and it was big and had lots of compartments and a strap...but it was $45... So I did not get it. I found one that was a good size, it had good sized compartments (even one that is good for lipstick and a mirror!), but it was plain black... I got it anyway. It had everything I required except that it was not pretty and girly. Perhaps I can rectify that with some creativity and my sewing machine...
That was Thursday... You are getting a 2 for 1 deal today, because now we are on to Friday... Even though it is Saturday... Technically.
We got up this morning to a Winter Weather Advisory, so we thought we'd better take our nephew back to the Valley a little earlier than planned, just in case the storm decided to come. We left here around 11 or so and went right to Dana's. We had a nice little visit there, and invited her and Dave and their 5 kids to supper on Sunday. I hope they come.
We left Dana's and went to Noggins for apples (1/2 a bushel for $9.00!), then we headed back home.
After we got home, Al and Scooby and I went to the Superstore for the Man~Child's prescriptions, and for potatoes, turnip, and sweet potato for Sunday's supper. We came home and I started supper.
I called my Father-In-Law and invited them to come to dinner on Sunday as well. It does not appear that that is going to happen. They were away for March Break, just got in Thursday evening... I really hope they come. It is difficult to love someone so much when it is...difficult...*sigh*
Al finished supper while I had a bath and got ready to go to Mattie's Welcome Home Party. He arrived, safe and sound, from Afghanastan Wednesday, and we were all so very happy to see him and know he was OK. He brought Ashley back a beautiful gold and diamond puzzle ring from Dubai (sp?). It really is lovely.
The storm started while we were there, so we waited til the rain started, then we came home. We made it home ok. My new truck drives quite well in Winter Conditions.
Al is gone to bed, and it is 2:30AM, and I think I just might join him. Sweet Dreams...
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
No comments:
Post a Comment