Today I went to my friend Kathleen's for Tea. It was nice to visit and catch up. It's been about a month since we've talked. Just busy~ness of life, really, no real reason. It is nice to have friends you can be real with, ones who will listen, and let you listen. Ones who with laugh with you, and ones who will cry with you. Kathleen got the full version of the vague story from last night.
Then we talked about her Grandma being ill in the hospital, and about Motherless Daughters, and cried together over both of us being motherless and learning to deal with it in various (ineffectual) ways.
I told her that I have come to the sad realization that I have been trying to replace my mother with other women in my life and she just can't be replaced. I told her that I have to finally deal with the fact that I have no mother.
She told me I was pushing her away. Pushing her memory away when I need to be embracing her, holding her memory close instead of trying to find a surrogate. She is right.
One thing I learned from my mother is that Tea can heal just about anything, and what it can't heal, it can soothe...especially when shared with a friend. Thanks for sharing your Tea and Tears with me today Kathleen.
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
8 comments:
It's very, moms cannot be replaced by anyone else. Its also true that tea can heal a multitude of bruises in life. Especially Whittards ;-) You need to focus on the special things about your mom and remember her for that. You will never be able to let go of memories and you should never try. Your mom was special cos she had you!!!
Thanks Jo. :)
Donna Jean, It is so amazing that I, too feel a connection to Mom and Dad both through drinking tea. Tea warms my soul and sooes my spirit.
Mom and Dad are gone and I miss them as well, but I am thankful for the time they were here, even after leaving behind in New Brunswick. They will always be with me through that memory.
Takecare little sister; Blessings.
Pastor Brother Brian
Hi Pastor Brother Brian,
It is funny how you remember being left behind in New Brunswick as a fond memory. Do you feel like that about being sent to the movie and returning to an empty house? About being run over??
I believe that the 4 of us really need to make sure that we stick closely together. After all, we are all the family we have!
Lots of love from your Baby Sister.
You know Don, seeing you and your bro's little chats to one another on here made me realise that you are very blessed to have someone from your blood family that you can talk to so openly. I agree you should all stick together closely and cherish the relationship and common bond you all have. xoxox....now I will stop readin other peoples converstaions ;-)
Hey Jo,
You can read all the conversations you like. :)
Yes I am very blessed to have the family I have. We are pretty spread apart now (well, not like across the ocean or anything!), and I think that makes it even more important to stick together. We do support each other as much as possible.
Love Me
It's the small moments in life that make us who we are. We had a good moment. I look forward to more...
-Kath
Yes the Atlantic Ocean does kind of put the wrench in the works doesnt it lol. Actually I think my bro's happy that theres the ocean in between us!!!
Post a Comment