So, this is new... A blog. Well, if other people can do it, I can do it too! This really will save me from having to email the same things to several people... It will give me a place to put thoughts, etc...
I am sitting at Kelly and AJ's baby-sitting the boys while they are at Youth and Mel and Juliet are still in NZ. The boys are asleep and so here I sit. I pull up Kelly browser and what do I see but HER blog as her homepage... Well, this gives me an idea... I will make one too!
Today was a not-quite-but-almost-beige day. I was late for Bible Study this morning, as usual... Thought I might wait to see if the oil man would come before I left as I am not too keen on hiding $200 in cash for him to find..., but he did not come. I told Kelly I'd bring some fruit so, I went to the Superstore... Thought, "well, while I am here I will return these jeans", which were CLEARLY sized incorrectly! I mean, how can 2 pairs of jeans, the exact same style, the exact same size fit differently?? I just don't get it... So, I return the jeans, get the fruit tray and head out to Kelly's. Called her from the cell on the way told her I would be there in a few minutes... Opps! Do I drop the phone, let her hang in mid-air to shift, or nudge the car into neutral? I nudged it into neutral... Driving a stick and talking on the phone is not such a good combination!!! So, I am heading toward Kelly's... Thought, "Oh, I will cut off the traffic and take a short cut through the subdivision!" Not so bright either... Took a wrong turn and ended up right back at the Superstore where I started! Don't even ASK me how! I got to Kelly's same time as Insoon, so I was NOT late... Just not on time...
Bible Study went quite well. Juliet would be proud. We stayed on track and finished in record time! Then it was time for "Prayer Requests", otherwise known as Chit-Chat-Time... I think we Chit-Chatted a little too long... Sorry Juliet, we will behave when you get back, we promise. I helped Kelly clean up then headed out to pay bills.
Went to pay the Power Bill...which was an ordeal right from the time I got up! See, my wonderful husband decided to save a tree and have our power bill delivered online... Only trouble is, he forgot the login information... SO, I had to call NS Power and get the account number, the amount due, etc, and please send me a real bill from now on... I ran into Tanya Aquino. She was going into the grocery store for groceries as I was going into the drug store to pay the bill. Well, inside the drugstore, I got sidetracked by on-sale lipstick...and...and... The lady at the cash asked me if I would like her to get me a basket... "No thank you. I just came to pay the power bill..." I think I must have been in there a while because as I was coming out from paying said bill, Tanya was coming out with a whole cartful of groceries... Oy!
Then off to Mic Mac to pay Eastlink. Stopped by Ben Moss to see if my ring was back from getting sized yet...it wasn't...I miss it... Paid Eastlink, then went on a wallet hunt. Carrying a billfold (otherwise known as a chequebook with cash stuffed into it) and a change purse was getting kinda old. That took the better part of an hour. Who'd have thought picking out a wallet would be such an ordeal?? I still don't think I got the right one. I am thinking it might not last very long as since I put all the health cards and points cards and bank cards and discount cards... in it, it barely snapped. So I also put the reciept in it for when it breaks next week...
Then I was off home. Stopped into the post office to get the mail. Good day at the mailbox! Al's T-4 AND the plates for my new truck! {Thanks AJ for putting them on for me!} YAY! And finally home...
Got an email from Karen about my upcoming trip to Newfoundland in April. Called Marine Atlantic to see how I could book my crossings without a credit card... Easily, it turns out... She booked me and all I had to do was run back down to the post office and send a money order for the deposit, and so now I am booked to go to Newfoundland on the 11:30AM ferry on Wednesday, 11 April, and return on the 11:45 ferry on Sunday, 15 April...And I simply CANNOT wait. I am so excited. Just me, my new truck, and my guitar (which I hope to be able to play SOMETHING on before then so we can "jam", as Karen says).
Then I noticed it was really very cold... I knew the oil man had come because he was leaving as I got home (the first time), so I knew I was not out of oil. I check the red emergency switch that the kids turn off sometimes running up the stairs {Note to self: Tape that in the ON position.}, I hit the re-start button (or whatever it is called) on the furnace and it did not work... So I called maintenance (Glad I do not own the house, someone else is paying for the Furnace Service Call). They sent someone to bleed the lines. It was the same guy who moved the Venmar so I could get into the cold room, good guy, so I told him the door was unlocked, the dog was in the kennel and I was on my way out the door so I wouldn't be late getting to Kelly's.
Victoria had to be at Jennifer's to go to the "Ice Cream Social" at school, and we had to be in Cole Harbour - 2 separate directions... HOWEVER, we also had to go to McDonald's because the hour or more that it took me to figure out what was wrong with the furnace, I did not have time to make the tacos we were going to have. So, I had to go to Portland to McD's, back to Eastern Passage to drop of Queenie, then to Cole Harbour... Lucky for me, Geraldine also did not have time to cook and was in the drive thru a few cars behind me. She had to take Nadine to Brad's so she could get to hockey...turns out, Brad lives just off Kelly's street. So, we made a fast switch, Geraldine took Victoria back to the Passage with her and dropped her off, I took Nadine and her hockey gear with me and dropped her off, and everyone got to where they needed to be at the right time... Except me, who missed her nail appointment today and has to go out tomorrow for that, I really hope the manicurist can make my finger stop hurting so much!
All in all, not too bad for a RUSH RUSH day... But then, when are my days NOT RUSH RUSH??? Oh, one more thing... I heard a small voice coming from the basement... "I am done in the bathroom... I am done in the bathroom!" This was NOT just a casual announcement. I did not realize, Kelly, that Micah could not wipe his bottom yet. It has been a LONG time since I wiped someone else's bottom... But, we got through it, and we washed our hands! (yes, that was a little traumatic for me...)
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
8 comments:
Boy, Donna! You are one busy lady!
Hey Julie,
Most of my days resemble this!
Welcome to the world of blogging.
Pauly
Hey, Thanks Pauly... I may just arrive in the 21st century sometime soon!!
Thanks for wiping Micah's bum! :) I'm glad to hear someone else runs around to all their different service providers to pay their bills. I do that too- I think it must be a lot more work than just paying them online, but I like it. Oh well. :)
Hey Kelly,
I think so too, but my Mother always did it. I can clearly remember Bill Day... I really do not know how to do it any other way...
Donna thanks for sending me the link to your blog site. I have to say that your next step into the 21st century should be online bill payment! Your days are already too full by the sounds of things. Have a wonderful trip to NL.
Hey Gwen,
I am glad you stopped by. Been thinking about you a lot lately. One of these days when I am not RUSH RUSH~ing around your corner I will stop in... In the meantime, if you need anything all my info is on the Lighthouse Social List.
As for online banking... Al tried that. That was why I had to call NS Power for my billing information! hehe
Post a Comment