Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Waiting...

Well, in the process of switching from Eastlink to Aliant (they are SO much cheaper!), I am learning patience...well, I am not LEARNING it so much as being forced to BE it... Grrrrr...

The said sometime today. I am currently sitting in the MFRC (God BLESS the MFRC and the ingenious women who "thunk" it up!), because, well, obviously, Aliant has not come yet...

Goodness, what have I been doing since Monday? Well, you saw our outing for Chinese food. Later that day I took my friend Deborah to the hospital with what they THOUGHT was appendicitis, which turned out being a fairly large ovarian cyst. After several hours of tests, IVs, waiting, etc, they sent her home with some (NASTY!) Percocet. Ovarian cysts, generally, will either go away or burst. So, that is what she is waiting for.

Yesterday (Tuesday) we decided to make the switch from Eastlink to Aliant. THEN my computer decided it didn't want to work at ALL. So I messed with it for a few hours, then had to leave it. Had to take Al to the ship as he forgot something he needed for this morning. Then I went to pick up my new (ugly) glasses. {Well, at least I can SEE now...} Anyway... So I couldn't fix it so I went and picked up Elizabeth. SHE couldn't fix it either. I took her home a few hours later. Came home and hit ON one more time, and VOILA...just like nothing was ever wrong! I LOVE technology!

SO, just in case it decided to quit again, I wrote down all my email addresses I had saved so I wouldn't lose them. Was ABOUT to burn my pictures to disc and realized I DO NOT HAVE CD's, I have DVD's (can you put pictures on DVD?)

Then I went to bed. And no Kelly, it was NOT before midnight...

I missed Juliet's this morning as I am waiting for the guy to come. I didn't figure I could get home from Lawrencetown before he got there after he called and gave me my 30 minute warning... I CAN, however, get home from here.

I am also in the process of changing the look of my blog again. Let me know what you think. I just need to find a look that says ME...

Have a great day everyone...

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the new blog...the green on orange is kind of hard to read, however, since it's only like, the title and the comments link, it's not really a big deal. I say, it's a keeper.

Anonymous said...

I whole-heartedly agree with Kelly... since orange and green are your 2 favorite colours... Thanks for fixing the multiple postings of the same post... I can hardly wait for Aliant to arrive at your house...wooohoooooo... And you neglected to tell everyone that I am SICK...Just so all of you know, she DRAGGED me out of my apt (I either have strep throat or the mumps...so you all can imagine how awful i feel)... ok not so much dragged me but enticed me out with a cabbage roll dinner..well not really I told her that was her payment for making me leave the apt... She also neglected to tell everyone that I took her PC apart and cleaned a million years worth of dust out of it...I hope she had fun cleaning that up off of the floor...haha..So, we all wait with great anticipation for your next update on your life. It is the highlight of my day...

April Mullen said...

Hey, I really like the new blog/colours! I guess I came in after you already changed it for Kelly, 'cause I don't see ANYTHING that is hard to read!

*whistle*
nice!

Kelly said...

The new green is definitely easier to read. :) LOVE IT!