Church this morning was incredible. Pastor AJ was away at Youth Rally, and he asked Matt Fitzgerald to preach in his place. Matt just finished his second year of Bible College. He did an amazing job. Poor (little - but not anymore!) guy cried all through it. The entire message came right from his heart. (Yes, I cried too...)
He spoke on 1 Kings 19, where Elijah hides in the cave because he is afraid for his life, thinks he is THE LAST prophet left... And God tells him that He is going to speak to him.
There was an awful wind that tore the mountain to bits, but the Lord was not in the wind, then there was an earthquake, but God was not in the earthquake, then there was a fire, but God was not in the fire.
(vs 12) And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 13 When Elijah heard it,
he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the
cave. Then a voice said to him, "What are
you doing here, Elijah?"
God was in the quiet whisper. He told us that we need to really listen to hear from God, because He is not going to be in the raging storms, His voice is going to be in the quiet whispers...
He told us of how Elijah just wanted OUT. How he thought he couldn't do it anymore. How he stopped looking at all the positives and began looking at all the negatives, and got discouraged. Then he told us of his own time when he thought he couldn't go on. He bared his soul, and it was heart-wrenching.
But, like Elijah, he sought solace from God, received strength from Him, and continued - continues! - onward. He told us that no matter how much we think we aren't making a difference, how much we think it is not "worth it" to go on... If we are doing it in His Name, IT IS ALWAYS WORTH IT. He said he was going to title the sermon "Get Out Of My Cave, and Get Back To Work"...
I have to tell you, I was really blessed by his message this morning. I felt as proud of this young man as I would my own son.
And speaking of my own son... Matthew has been so much for my Andrew since we came here. I know that if it weren't for Matt pulling Andrew under his wing, he would not have come as far as he has. Andrew looks up to him, and Matt encourages him. He's mentored him, helped him to "grow up", by being an example for him. I will be forever grateful to him for that. He is a good kid - and so is Andrew.
After church Al took his mother and Victoria and I on a tour of HMCS Charlottetown. That was kinda neat. I have been on board before a couple times, but never really got shown around.
THEN, THE SUN CAME OUT! YAHOO!!!!
We came home and sat on the deck, looked at the flowers that were growing, BBQ-ed some chicken... Enjoyed the sun...
After supper we took a walk over to Cory and Geraldine's so that Sharon could see the baby. He is getting so big! GETTING? No, he was big when he was BORN!
The duty watch guy took a nice picture of us on the flight deck. Here it is...
Well, it is nice except for everyone's goofy looks on our faces...
Let's all pray for SUN for tomorrow. We really are going to float away pretty soon!
Life As I Know It
2 comments:
Victoria is starting to look like Al more and more... Sounds like Church was inspiring... I am going to go to the one down on Victoria Road. I am looking forward to it. They even have an evening service which is even better since we all know how much of a hard time I have getting out of bed. (I need my keyboard back since this one is not working all that well...the H key is sticking or doesnt work at all hint hint)... Am glad you had a good time once the sun decided to shine.
How do you like that? Donna asks for sun, and we get sun. Who have you got praying for you, and, can I have his/her number?? haha!
Looks like you had a nice day! :)
Post a Comment