Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rainy Days & Bomb Threats?!?!?!?!

For those who may have heard, the bomb threat at Cole Harbour High was indeed at my son's school. They were all evacuated and no one was hurt (there wasn't even a real bomb). My son is just excited he got to come home at noon AND doesn't have to go back tomorrow!

I was just getting ready to go out when Deborah came in, so she came with me to go pick up Elizabeth and head out to go to Blessings. We ended up at Pizza Delight, Dollarama, The Source, but not Blessings...

Picked Al up at work and headed to the Canex to get my new Digital Camera I was promised, and a memory stick to save my pictures on that are (were) on my OLD computer so they would not be lost forever.

Came home and there was a message that the NEW computer was down at THIS Canex ready to be picked up.

Deborah helped me get the pictures from the PC onto the stick, then she went home, figuring I was smart enough to set the computer up by myself... BOY WAS SHE WRONG! Between talking to her on the phone, the stack of papers (well, 3), the CD's that needed to be loaded, the "step by step instructions" {MY ASS!}, about 4 anxiety attacks, some chest pains I got the computer to the point where I load the software from Aliant for the internet.

Put CD into PC. Does it's checklist... NO MODEM! *sigh*

Al takes apart OLD computer, takes out Modem, puts it into NEW computer, I put CD back in...and, obviously, with a little more frustration, got the internet up and running.

Installed MSN Messenger, now am posting my blog.

It is still raining. The fire is gone out. I am still cold, still VERY achy! I believe it is time for medication and bed. It is, after all, almost Pumpkin Time!

Please pray for nice weather! The cold and rain is really bad for my Fibromyalgia...

Night All...

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not quite as flowery as yesterday's post but I will take what I can get... You forgot about going to the bank... no wait 2 banks... that was fun... Lunch was great...but am paying for it now (sad face)...must remember that going out with Donna to lunch always means I suffer in the end... but I love pizza... except I HATE olives...oh well... it was good none the less... Always a fun time with you... Am thinking about talking Tanya into going to NM on Sackville St. tomorrow...that should be a blast..wooohooooo... well again thanks for the update and lunch... Can hardly wait to read tomorrow's.

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Well if I can pick raisins out of my scones at High Tea, you can pick olives off a pizza.

Yes banks, and idiot drivers who like to SPEED UP when they see someone crossing the intersection...

Perhaps tomorrow will be better. Have to see how I feel...

Anonymous said...

I forgot about the "foot mobile" action we did... Deborah really enjoyed that...GO FRED FLINTSTONE GO

April Mullen said...

Yippee! WOO HOO!! YEAH! YAY! RIGHT ON!!!! I'm so excited for your new computer... I'm sorry it was so difficult to get working, though... but YAY! WOO HOO!! YIPPEE!! It's running now, baby! :)