Sunday, May 6, 2007

I Got Published!!!!!

Kinda ~

Eons ago I was a member of a website that was hosted by the author SARK. (SARK stands for Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy. She writes about women and creativity and fun and learning to be YOU...) While I was a regular attendee of her message boards she put forth a Shout Out asking "us" for stories on friendships, and in particular, internet friendships, friendships which stemmed from her message boards, etc. So, I decided I would send my little story. I suspect she had hundreds (at least!) or so of submissions. Not long after that I got an email asking my permission to use MY STORY in her next book on friendships. I was mailed a release form, which I filled out and sent back, and was told the book would be out in April. On the day it was supposed to be released I went to Coles (I think I was with Kelly, actually), but they did not have it. Nor did they have it any OTHER time I went to Coles.

Today, while Queenie was at cheerleading, Al and I went on a "date" to Starbucks (thanks for the gift card Ibitz), and to Chapters. I decided I would take a look to see if the book was there (as MY copy, directly from SARK, has not yet arrived in the mail). Anyway, I FOUND the book. I flipped and flipped through the pages until I found it! MY STORY! Right there on page 100. "Succulent Sveva {my nickname for that message board} talks about having an illness and her internet friendships" - or something like that, I forget exactly what it said, but something to that effect. Regardless (NOT IRregardless Sandy! haha), MY WORDS, my VERY OWN WORDS were there. In full color. Published in a BOOK. A book by a world famous author, that is going to be read ALL OVER THE WORLD!

One of my "creative dreams" has come true. I got published and am going to be read by multitudes! {Can you tell I am a little excited?} I had tears in my eyes as I walked around Chapters with this book in my hands, open to MY page... Until it was time to go. I CAN'T WAIT for my own copy to come.

Here is the link to the book:

http://www.planetsark.com/eshop_products_books_feat_13.htm

This is the cover, at least...

So, I got published!!!! Kinda?? Does it count? I AM going to write a book someday. As soon as God reveals it to me...

This crappy day {see post below where the table smashed to ground via my KNEES!} got BETTER!

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

7 comments:

Kelly said...

YAY!

Anonymous said...

I am going to post my reply to the past 3 posts in one...April..I am very glad you made it to the City safe and sound. You have a beautiful daughter...I am sure she had a lot of fun with all of the attention that Queenie gave her. I am glad Donna you had a great time with April. We all need friends like her. It took me a while to figure out what gift card I had given you (haha dimwitted I know, I do have an excuse, maybe a double date with you and Al and Me and Mike one night?????)... Sorry there was no comment to post when you DIALED UP to check...(took me a few minutes to figure that one out too)... Well thats it for now. Hope everyone's Monday is as exciting as the rest of the week.

Anonymous said...

It was brought to my attention I failed to mention how PROUD I am of Donna getting published...yeahhhhhhh.... I know you will write that book one day...remember Mike will publish it for you as long as it is 16 pages or less...LOL... I am very proud of you Donna...you are an inspiration to us all to strive for our own dreams.

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Much better Elizabeth!


Thanks both of you!

Living On The Edge said...

Donna Jean, I am so proud of mt little sister. Often we are so focused on our own lives, that the lives of our family and friends are not in our sight. I am proud of you and I love you as well.

April Mullen said...

YAY Donna!! :) Congrats! *proud smile*

Thank you, Elizabeth. Sorry she took so long to let you know I made it ok! :D Mya did get lots of attention from Victoria and it did not pay well for Victoria; she got woken up rudely in the middle of the night, kicked, and bitten by Mya. I hope she does not hold it against us!! :(

K... Donna... you have lots to read on my blog, but I'll warn ya: I stole a lot of it from you!! (thanks!)

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Hi Pastor Brother Brian,
I can't imagine WHY you would be wrapped up in your own life right now? It is not like you are GRADUATING from UNIVERSITY in 6 days or anything!
Thanks. If my book happens to come before Friday I will bring it with me (I can still stay with you for the weekend, right.)

************************

April,
I can't wait to go read YOUR take on our weekend. I really hope you had fun. Love~N~Hugs...