First thing I did was take my pain pills when I came downstairs.
I got all ready to go Juliet's for Bible Study. Called Kelly to see if she needed a ride, but she is still feeling crappy so she wasn't going to go.
I put the dog out. Brought the dog in. Put the dog in his kennel. Got all my stuff together. Put on my poncho. Loaded my arms full of my stuff and headed for the door.
WAIT - My keys are not clipped onto my purse where they are supposed to be... Oh yes... Al had the truck last. My keys were in the truck. They must be on top of the fridge... Nope - no keys there...
Hmm, where could they be???? Wonderful! He left my keys in the truck. Oh well, I will just use his keys. They are probably on his dresser because he is on duty tonight and usually doesn't take them with him if he is not coming home at the end of the day. {Since he took his keys to Europe with him for 8 weeks, instead of leaving them home in case I needed them - which, of course, I did!} But guess what? NO KEYS ON THE DRESSER!
Fleeting thought: I wonder if I would get caught taking the uninspected, uninsured van to Juliet's? I wonder if "I'm really sorry officer, but you see, I could not take my truck this morning because my husband locked my keys in it, and his keys are with him ON THE HMCS CHARLOTTETOWN..., and I just HAD to get Bible Study!", would fly with the cops if I did get stopped... Oh wait, I can't get the van out the truck is in the way. I will have to move the truck so I can get out the van. NO, WAIT! I can't move the truck - NO KEYS! AUGHHH!!!!!!
I called the ship. "Hello Ian, this is Al's wife, is he there???"
"Yes, he is...which Al?" {Brilliant!}
"Honey, where are your keys?"
"In my locker."
Oh just wonderful!!! "Guess where MY keys are..."
"Where?"
"IN THE TRUCK!"
"Oh, you locked your keys in the truck?"
"No, YOU locked my keys in the truck!"
"When?"
"The other day when you brought the truck back home and was in such a hurry to get back to Coopers!!!!!! And I need to get to Juliet's this morning. AND I need to get to Bible Study and get the boys to Youth tonight. AND I am supposed to go to Kelly's tomorrow for tea... AND you won't be home til tomorrow night!"
"Oh... Well, Cooper is here on the ship. I will give him the keys and he can bring them back to you."
"Oh...well that's a good idea. How long is he going to be?"
"Not too long?"
"Can he bring them to be BEFORE he goes back to work?"
"I will ask him..."
*long pause*
"WELL GO ASK HIM...!"
"I can't. He's on the [something] deck, having a smoke..."
*grrrrr*
"OK. Tell him I need the keys RIGHT AWAY!"
*breathe, keys are coming...must call Juliet*
So I called Juliet and told her the saga, and asked if they would like to come here for Bible Study instead. She said that Kelly is sick (I knew that), Janet is in the Valley today caring for her father, In Soon is still searching for a place for her daughter to stay when she returns to Korea, and she is on the other line with Penney and will call me back.
So, I practice fingering drills, pedal drills, scales until she calls back.
Penney's cat allergy acted up badly when she was here last, but they will come pick me up and we can go somewhere to do the lesson... So, I suggested Sea Gulps, and Sea Gulps it was...
About 3 minutes after Juliet called to tell me they were leaving (And that Noreen WAS on time, just on time at Kelly's instead of Juliet's - too funny), in drives Cooper with my keys. THANK YOU COOPER! "Here you go, you can leave now." "Thanks, but they are coming to pick me up now." "Oh, even better..." And off he goes to work.
More scales... Some cottage cheese and mandarins... and Juliet arrived.
SO...after all that drama, we had a lovely morning out at Sea Gulps for Bible Study. It was actually kinda nice that I could not get into my truck this morning... Then Juliet brought me home, and I thought how fortunate it was that Kelly did not take me up on my offer of a ride because she'd still be waiting.
Home again... And all this by NOON!!!!!
Let's see how the day progresses. I will give you updates!
*************************************
10:28pm
Well, I did not do a very good job with the updates as the day wore on, but in all honesty, the rest of the day was rather dull in comparison...
So what did I do after all the drama this morning? Well, I actually crossed everything off my to-do list, AND cleaned up the kitchen, AND sat outside with Scooby for about an hour when he got home (as he BBQ-ed hot dogs for everyone), AND tried (in vain) to tune Cody's guitar, AND read the last chapter in There Is No "I" In Church for Bible Study tonight (only to find out it was a review and we weren't going to do it, JUST have the pot luck...), AND had a shower and got de-scented for the not-Bible Study, AND got the boys to church EARLY, AND got to Pat's on time...
So, we did not actually have a lesson tonight, just had the pot luck. I think I, somehow, missed that we were not going to do the last chapter, because I was the only one prepared for a "review lesson".
We had a nice dinner (I took macaroni salad). Had a nice time of fellowship. Wrote "thinking of you" cards to Reta Kay (whose son is very ill with heart issues), and to Aaron (who is working out west for the summer). We decided to continue to meet over the summer, every other week, for a short devotional, a prayer time, and some fellowship time. Then we had our prayer time, and dispersed...
I went to get my boys at church, a little late, which I was not concerned about because AJ Huffman was to give Cody some guitar instruction tonight before and after Youth, however, AJ could not be there early, nor could he stay late tonight, so Cody did not get any instruction this week.
I talked to Kelly (who is quite sick, and is quite pale, and needs to... REST KELLY!). Told her I could NOT get that guitar tuned. I can tune MY guitar, and it has 12 strings, but I could not get his tuned! I asked her if maybe the strings were crappy. So she thought she'd give it a go, see if she could get it tuned.
She got as far as I did, to the 2nd string (which is really the 5th...!?!?!?), and could not get it tuned. However, she got the rest of it tuned quite nicely - to "A"! (Instead of "E"...) We had a laugh and she sent for AJ... (Her AJ, not the AJ who couldn't make it...) AJ had been giving Cody lessons but he just got so busy with the church plant, and running THIS church, that I thought it best to let him do his thing and not to bug him about it for a bit. This was when Kelly and I came up with the idea of asking AJ Huffman to help Cody out. {Yes, a bunny trail, I am good at those...}
Where was I? *looks up and reads...* Oh yes, Kelly tuned it to an "A", and so she sent for AJ... AJ took the guitar (that neither one of US could get right) and in about 45 seconds, had it sounding beautiful... He wow-ed my boys with some "to-remain-nameless-music". They were having a grand time, when Mom-Kelly said it was time to go... {Yes, she WAS right...}
So, Mr Man's guitar is now in tune and he cannot use that excuse anymore for not practicing, so he had better!
We are, obviously, at home now. All the kidlettes are in bed, and I am going soon. Very soon!
So, in comparison, the rest of my day was not near as exciting as my morning, but I have to say it was a good day... It HAD to be a good day. The sun was shining, and I wore yellow to our not-Bible Study tonight.
Check in tomorrow for the next episode of...
PS - It won't let me space the paragraphs, I don't know why. It just does that sometimes, no matter how many times I hit "enter" between them... I think it does it on purpose just to frustrate me. Well it is not going to work tonight! I really do not care if there are spaces... SO THERE BLOGSPOT!
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
6 comments:
Oh, so exciting! :) I wish I could have been in on it all! (Well, I guess I sort of was, since Noreen showed up here instead of at Juliet's. :) Sounds like fun! You know, the frustrating waiting around kind of fun. That kind that's usually more fun in retrospect. :)
Yes usually more fun in retrospect indeed!
And Oh so very exciting! I had more excitement before noon today than I have had for DAYS!
Sea Gulps has moved to a new building. It is so big and bright now. We will have to go one day, when it is REALLY nice and we sit on their patio, one day (or evening) when AJ can watch the boys, and just CHILL...
hahahaha... I'm sorry, but that was funny... I'm glad it all worked out :)
It was NOT funny this morning when I was late, but yeah, it is kinda funny now...
well, of course it's only funny in retrospect... THAT is the rule.
Yay for tuned guitars! :) I didn't get Grace's car seat this morning. :P I am, however, feeling a lot better than I was yesterday. Which is good. Because yesterday was crappy. :) Anyway. I'm still up for this afternoon, if you are!
Post a Comment