Sunday, May 13, 2007

WOW! What A Busy Weekend!

I had quite a weekend! Very busy. I am quite tired so this is going to be quick, I will elaborate tomorrow, but for now...the highlights...

Friday I ended up leaving the house to go to the Valley about 2 hours earlier than planned. Cooper called and needed a ride to Halifax for his dinner, and since I did not want to make 2 trips across the bridge, I got all my things together and got ready and just stayed in Halifax til it was time to pick Al up (at the dinner) and leave for the Valley.

We went right to Rockey's, where Al got ready to go to Brian Commissioning Dinner and Service. Rockey and Mary came with us, and we met the rest of our family there. All four of us kids came out to honour and support Brian as he was Commissioned by the Atlantic Baptist Convention. We got some photos taken of all five of us, which was nice.

The Commissioning Dinner was long. A bit drawn out, but nice all the same. The actual service was something I had never experienced before. The Commissioning of the Clergy itself reminded me a lot of the rite of Baptism. I found it very emotional.

Afterward, Al came back home and I left with Brian and Peggy to go to Not-Digby for the weekend so that I could attend his graduation today. We went to Tanya's, where all Brian and Peggy's things were. They changed, then we went to DQ for some nosh. I had a Blizzard. The ice cream felt good on my sore throat. Then off to Not-Digby. Got there very late (don't know what time). Had a shower and went to bed.

SATURDAY
Didn't get up til about 10:30, or so. (I don't think I actually got to sleep til about 4am!) Didn't do anything all day. Peggy had to go to work, Brian went out on his bike for a ride (couldn't take me because A) he only has one helmet, and B) he is not yet licensed for passengers. So while he was out, I read a little, then had a nap. We invited April and Craig and Mya to come over, but they were having her family in for a bonfire, so I did not get to see the Princessa while I was there.
SUNDAY (Today)
We got up at 8:30 (when Al called, good thing he did because we had intended to get up at 8:00, and be out of there by 9:00!) We still managed to get out of the house by 9:15. We stopped in DIGBY (!) at McDonald's for breakfast, then through Tim's drive thru for tea, and off to Tanya's to get ready for graduation.
The graduation itself was really nice. I have never been to a graduation at Acadia before. The Div School went first, so that made it a little long, because then we had to sit through all the rest of the Arts programs. After the ceremony it was picture time. We took lots and lots of pictures. I would like to post some, but this computer is so slow I don't think it could handle it. Perhaps when the new one comes I will post some.
{I just tried to put a picture on here and it was taking WAY too long. I will do it when the new computer arrives.}
I am home now, thanks to Tanya. She brought me home. Elizabeth was there too, so she brought her home as well, and as I said, Sandy came along, and we picked up their friend Jeff along the way. Had a fun trip home laughing and joking. The funniest was when I was giving Tanya directions to my house, and she moved over a lane on the Circ to let a car go by. It was Scooby! I laughed and said, "Follow that car! He is going to the same place! He lives in my basement!" So we honked and waved and honked and waved and called his cell, but he wouldn't answer. It wasn't until we followed him right into the subdivision and he pulled over so we could pull up along side him that he realized who it was honking at him. He was totally freaked out! Then as he pulled away, the male voice in the back seat pipes up, "HEY, I know that guy!"
*Guess you had to be there...*
And now, I am exhausted, I miss my Sweetie, so I am going to go upstairs, read a chapter in the book we are sharing, pray together, have a cuddle and go to sleep.
Hope everyone had a nice weekend. And let's ALL hope tomorrow is warmer than today, because I FROZE at graduation!
Blessed Be...

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

4 comments:

April Mullen said...

That would be the first time someone ever froze at a University Graduation! Sorry we couldn't get together... I wish you could have joined us for our fire. :( NEXT TIME!

Get some SLEEP!

Tanya Reid said...

Today was funny. Thanks Donna:)

Kelly said...

Happy late mother's day! Glad you had a fun weekend!

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Hey April,
The guy said that it actually SNOWED a couple years ago.

Hey Tanya,
Thanks for bringing me home! I had fun too. It was nice to just laugh and not think about stuff, wasn't it?

Hey Kelly,
Happy late Mother's Day to you too! I was thinking of popping by, but then remembered it was Monday and piano lesson day. See you Wednesday? I am leading...