Monday, June 11, 2007

"A Little Rain Never Hurt Anyone...but A LOT Can Kill You!"

It was a rather wet and dreary day today - who am I kidding? It was TORRENTIAL! Holy cow, I didn't know it could rain so hard!

I took Andrew to the library so he could work on his project, but the library was closed... We went to Kelly's for tea instead...

Then we went to the SMFRC to see what information he could get there for his project, but, of course, with the merger, everything is in Halifax... SO, we went to Halifax. Turned out pretty well, though, because he got to speak to a Padre who just returned from Afghanistan and also to the Deployment Coordinator, and got some first hand information. Better than what the newspapers WANT you to know... It was good - for both of us... HOWEVER, the Deployment Coordinator was not aware that we were not telling the kids that Al was going to the Gulf in September, so now he knows. He has been sworn to secrecy! He said he wasn't telling Victoria anyway because he did not want to hear her scream!

After we got home, I made supper and Deborah and the girls came over for supper. That was nice. Don't get to see her much. Not near as much as I would like.

Then, LATER this evening, Al called. YAY! He said that Coop's sister came and got them and took them for a drive into Barie (Berri, Bary, Barrie????) for coffee. That was why he was kinda late calling. I am glad that he got off the base. I guess Borden is a HORRIBLE base! BORING. Nothing around it at all. {I really wouldn't know, never been there...}

Now it is getting late and I am tired, so I am going to go to bed now. Night all...

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

2 comments:

April Mullen said...

yup... downpour here too... YUCK!

Glad you found Andrew some good sources for his project. Sorry that the beans got spilled...

The rain will make your flowers stay healthy... and flowers are bright and colourful... so are YOU... don't worry, the sun will be back. :)

'night!

MY LIFE AND NO ONE ELSES said...

I had to build an Ark...LOL... seriously... how much more rain can we expect??? I am going to have to build an Ark...who wants to get in it with me??? Well...time to sit on my tea...