Friday, June 1, 2007

All Right - Here Goes

Evidently people are beginning to get upset because I have not posted. So, here goes...

Been sick with sinus infection since I got back from Newfoundland, and now I have Al's stupid cold. Going out on the boat last Saturday was FUN! But I got wet and got sicker. Blech! Now it is allergy season, and I REALLY think there should a legislated Mow-The-Lawn-Day every week, so that I know when it is and can go to the mall or something, but instead every day SOMEONE is mowing their lawn and making me feel rotten~er. I am a cranky old puss these days, and seeing as I really did not have anything positive to write, I just didn't. BUT...People were complaining, so here it is... All the negativity out there in the universe. 'Course, it IS better OUT THERE than IN ME...

I did finally get to go visit with Kelly. Seemed every time we tried to get together something stopped us. So, I would say, that was the highlight of my week. That was Tuesday. What is today? Friday... I thought today was going to be good. Al has the day off, so I thought we would spend the day together. BUT...he is helping Cooper paint the baby's room before Mama and Baby get back from Newfoundland. SO...I won't see him til bedtime, unless I go there, but it is REALLY cold out for standing in the garage...

Monday would have been my Dad's 85th birthday. I stayed on the sofa and watched movies all day because I felt crappy from the cold.

Tuesday went to Kelly's.

Wednesday, missed Bible Study because Queenie had a play at school. Then went to my piano/guitar lesson.

Thursday - that was yesterday. Payday - went shopping, paid bills, got High Speed (that was kinda exciting).

And now it is Friday... Went with Al EARLY this morning to Stad for his eye appointment. Came home. Went to Sea Gulps for an Almond Twist and a London Fog. Saw Scott - he is finally getting his own shop in July. Came back and now Al is at Cooper's. I was there for a while, but I got cold, and cranky so I came home. They are painting anyway.

That's about it. I don't even care if my thoughts are all over the place and random. And Sandy, I don't even care if I switched tenses and broke a bazillion other grammar rules. This is just it...

How does a hot bath and jammies sound, then tea for my throat and my Ferry Quilt and a movie? Sounds awesome, but somehow I figure I will end up back across the road, because that seems to be where supper is getting cooked tonight...

CIAO...

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Negativity aside, I look forward to your daily updates...They are the highlight of my day before I head to bed. Having gone 5 days without an update was kind of like going through withdrawl. Thank you....thank you....thank you...It is now nap time for me cause I have a date with a boy tonite and I need my beauty rest.

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Well I am glad that I made your day...

I want to go to bed too. Throat is sore and swollen because people won't stop mowing their lawns!

Anonymous said...

I better not get sick...I do NOT want to be sick for my date with a boy... However I have learned that I do not mind kittens...As long as they stay this size but they dont...blahhhhh...The rain depresses me.... But I have a date and need a nap...beauty comes at a cost... :D Hope you feel better soon.

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Yes kitten tend to turn into cats - with attitude!

Have a good sleep.

April Mullen said...

Feel better soon!
Hugs and kisses~ april :)

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

I actually did not end up back across the road. Queenie and I had tomato soup and grilled cheeses...

Had the bath, but not the movie...