One must listen to one's body. When you are in pain, and when you are tired, and when your head feels like it is in a haze, it is best to go to bed as one tends to be very short-tempered and one tends to frustrate very easily.
And so, I am going to medicate myself, have a shower and go to bed, and hopefully not be in such a cranky mood when I get out!
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
6 comments:
LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!! we want you to recover quickly.. Hope you got some rest!!
You really have to take it easy girl. Just caught up on your previous post about the bump on your head and what you were thinking. My rule of thumb is if you are coherent enough to remember my head injury and to worry you might have the same injury then youre ok. If you dont know what planet youre on and nothing seems to register with you then worry. Saying that though you would be so out of it that nothing would worry you!!lol
That's funny Jo. But it makes sense. But all could think of was you.
I can understand that but I realised that if you are really badly injured then it is actually the last possible thing you would think about. I had no idea I was dying and at one point thought I would be going home after they stopped my nosebleed. Rebecca caught her head in the sliding door of the car a few weeks ago (car parked on slight slope, she opens door but not wide enough and gets in. Door closes as head is halfway in doorway and body outside. One loud crack) I panicked a bit and then she says "I dont want to have brain surgery and have my head cut open like mum did!!" I knew she was fine then!!lol
Another one of my rules of thumb (or head in this case) is if you bump your head hard and theres a big egg of a lump sticking out then generally youre ok. If there isnt then the chances are if it was hard enough then the swelling will be inside restricting the brain. Not that I plan on having another head injury soon.....did you know that it is 2 years on the 24th of this month since my boo boo????
Hey! Thanks for hanging out a little bit yesterday. I hope you were able to rest when you got home!
Wow Jo, has it really been 2 years? It sure went by fast.
Thanks for the tea and the chat Kelly. I did come home and go to bed.
Post a Comment