Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm Told It's Been 10 Days...

...Since I last posted. I have been busy doing nothing. The MCF girls had another get together. This one was at Sonia's. We had fun eating, laughing, playing Taboo. A couple of us even went swimming. We went to Mattie and Ashley's Housewarming Party last weekend. That was fun. I actually looked pretty good that night. See?




This is me , looking at Al. He took this.



This is Ashley and me, she took it.



And this is what Al wanted a picture of...Boys! Worse even - SAILORS!

Not much else in the way of activities, really. Just never home! I did go see Brenda on Monday. That was nice. Got to see her new house.

And tonight... Tonight I went to Lighthouse Circle. At Christmas time we lost Ryllonna (one of the co-facilitators), as she went to a new job. It was very sad for me to see her go. However, we still had Peggy - her co-facilitator. Well, tonight we found out that we are losing Peggy too. She is leaving the center to go work for Veteran's' Affairs. It is an awesome opportunity for her, and yes I am happy for her, and for her family (as she will be home more), I am very sad to see her go. As any of you who know me at all know, I do not LIKE change. And Lighthouse is never going to be the same. I just hope it survives!

We lost Ryllonna in December, we lost Pastor Peter and Ellen in April, we lost Pastor AJ and Kelly in June/July. We are getting used to having Pastor Jay and Sharon, as well as Pastor Rob and Julie. Peggy has one more Lighthouse with us and she is gone. Al is going to be deployed soon. This is a lot of change in a very short time. Man I am not even over Lois leaving yet!

So...if I am short with anyone, if I am teary for no apparent reason - these would be the reasons why. I will try to deal with all of this as best I can. I will do my very best not to take out my frustration and sadness on others. But I am going to need a lot of love and support over the next little while.

Tonight at Lighthouse, we talked about HOPE. Peggy had us each write a card, write something to do with HOPE. Then we were to put them all on the table and each person chose one to take home. Let me try to remember what I wrote (and remember, I had all of about 5 minutes to come up with something semi-brilliant!)

~HOPE~
Rainbows and sunflowers
Meadows and streams
Waves that crash on a sandy beach
Falling leaves and falling snow
Buds and blossoms that appear
when the coldness warms
Life continues - inevitably
Peace returns - always
Bringing HOPE for tomorrow.









*It was almost right, I fixed it. Now it is right.*

And with that I am going to go have a shower, see what my Devotional has to say for today, and go to sleep.

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

3 comments:

Jo said...

LMAO...love the boobies!!! Funny cos Steve got a pic of me like that last year. Yes definately men and sailors!!!lol

You have so much to deal with over the past year or so havent you (I see my leaving didnt get a mention in there *hmpf* ;-) I know its a lot easier said than done but hand it over to God and you will be able to deal with it. I had a year or more like that once and He definately got me through it. You also know you have loads of friends around you for support.(((HUGS)))

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

I am so sorry! And last year my very dear friend Jo took off and left me and went to NIAGRA FALLS of all places! Who lives in Niagra Falls? It was just so traumatic that I couldn't even think about it!
Honestly though, Jo, I was in such an "abandoned" state last night that if I would have thought any more about changes they'd have had to sign me into the NS!

RedFridayGirl said...

I love boobies as well.... Friday was a blast can't wait until the next get together. Sorry to hear about all your change.. Remember change is good and lets you see new and exciting things. A fresh outlook..

Sending you big Hugs.