- Saturday night I fell in the shower and hurt the muscles in the back of my leg.
- About 2 weeks before that I fell between the boat and the wharf and got a MAJOR bruise on my arm.
- About 2 weeks before that I get knocked out of a canoe and bruise up my leg - THEN get my foot smashed between 2 rocks.
- About 2 weeks AGO, I found out I have osteoarthritis in my back with vertebral disintegration.
Well, as if that wasn't enough, last night I got rear ended by a DUMP TRUCK! TWICE! It never even tried to stop. It hit so hard that it bounced and hit again. Al, our friend Steve, and I spent all evening at the ER (mostly on backboards), and getting X-Rayed from head to toe! Luckily there was nothing broken, but we all are very sort and tender. Doc said I have pulled muscles, ligaments, tendons, nerves... Not to mention good old fashioned whiplash. There is about $4000.00 damage to my NEW truck. And I am going to bed now...
An accident waiting to happen? I have been called that since I can remember.
Nice, eh?
Life As I Know It
7 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your accident and I am sorry that you were hurt!! Sending you so much love!!!
I have to say....for getting hit by a speeding dump truck...your truck looks pretty good. When we got rear ended, the pickup pushed most of our trunk into the back seat. I'm impressed...I've always heard Saturns are impressive. :) I hope you're feeling a little better today.
Oh hon that really sucks but atleast you havent gained more injuries. Is the guy from the truck paying for the repairs?
If the friggin Halifax Regional Police ever call me with the guy's info! I can't do anything til then.
Yes Kelly, I am SO glad I bought a Saturn! And no I feel worse today :(
I hope you manage to get the info from the police. That driver should really be punished for that. Like Kelly said though, there's not as much damage to the car as there could have been. Just hope you dont end up with injuries which could take a few days to come out. I didnt know I had whiplast for 48 hours after an accident.
Hey Jo - The police man called while we were at group so now I need to call him back.
We were very lucky. If there had been a car in front of us it would have been so much worse. I am a lot sore-er today than yesterday. We all are. And tomorrow will be worse. All I could think of while I was strapped to the back board with the bump on the back of my head was you and your head injury, then I started to hyperventilate. Got me seeing the doctor quicker though! *wink* I am having a lot of headaches though, so I am going to the Dr tomorrow and seeing if he will send me for a CT scan, cuz they didn't give me one. Once they realized that I had no broken bones in my back they were satisfied... Great for them!
I'm sorry to hear about your accident; a little late, I know. That's what happens when you return to full-time work and have no computer time.
I hope the physio and the collar work out for you. Please try to take care for the next little while. I think you've injured yourself enough for this year.
Post a Comment