It was very relaxing. The jacuzzi was a BIG hit! Liked that a LOT!
This is the mirror in the bathroom I thought it was very pretty!
The beach was VERY COLD ocean water, so we did not swim in it. We walked along the beach and I picked up bits of weathered shell. I am going to TRY to make necklaces... We shall see...

We went to The Fisherman's Life Museum - and he would not let me bring the pussy cats home *pout* But I did carry them all around the park.
That was Monday.
Yesterday we thought we'd try our hand at canoeing... Well, let's just say that we do not paddle the same... We made it all around the lake though! Didn't fall in the lake (which was good cuz it was kinda scuzzy). Once we got back to (the ROCKY!) shore, Al got out and then proceeded to help me out...
Can you guess????
Well he pulled and I wasn't ready, the canoe tipped and I went SPLAT on the rocks! Got some nice bruises on my leg... Broke my diamond bracelet!
~Am I EVER glad I bought the extended warranty! I must go today and get it
fixed! I didn't even realize it til we were on our way driving after leaving and
I was doing my "jewellery check": earrings - check; rings - check; watch -
check; silver bracelet - check; diamond bracelet - OH CRAP! We tore the truck
apart, went back and I tore the bed apart, checked the entire suite, hoped it
did not go down a drain! Then went to the water. I had my head down looking in
the grass as I was walking to see if it was there, and out of the corner of my
eye I caught a glimpse of something... A DEER ALMOST RAN RIGHT INTO ME! The she
stood in the tall grass watching me and I was hoping she wouldn't charge me!
Then Al comes up behind me, and with his long legs makes it to the water's edge
before me - AND FOUND MY BRACELET! I was so glad! ~
Anyway, I fall OUT of the canoe, ONTO the rocks...
As if that weren't enough, as Al is getting the canoe out of the water and on to the shore - I refused to help him because he knocked me down *pout*, I was standing on a rock... Evidently a TEETERY rock, because it slipped and my foot got jammed in between it and another rock and this is what I got...
I made him carry BOTH paddles and BOTH life jackets while I limped back. (He did get me an ice pack when we got back)
So, after the bracelet fiasco, we went to Memory Lane Heritage Site. That was really interesting because I can remember my Dad having a lot of the things on display there (it made me miss my Mom and my Dad ) And there were TWO OTHER pussy cats he wouldn't let me bring home...
This pussy cat wanted some of the fish that was drying...
I have no idea what this is, but it is really pretty...
I am sure Dad had one of these cars at one point...
Dad's tractor was almost just like this one. We met a nice lady who offered to take a picture of us.

Dad would have loved this old International truck!
From there we went to Martinique Beach. That is the most beautiful beach I have ever been to! I can't wait to go back. The water was lovely (I played in the waves in my tank top and skirt! ) I am trying to keep my hat ON my head, but it did end up getting wet when the BIG waves almost knocked me down. It was so fun!
Took lots of pictures. Like this one...
Then, after I changed and almost got caught putting my panties on by a surfer dude, we had a picnic. Then headed off.
Stopped for Ice Cream, and then hit the road for home. Got home about 6:30 last evening.
It was a nice couple of days. I do not know how the sailors (soldiers, etc) can go away from their families for so long. I missed my kids, as crazy as they make me, after a few hours!
Now today, my Man~Child has a Dr's appointment and I have to take my bracelet to get repaired. Tonight we have Bible Study (it is every other week over the summer).
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

9 comments:
It sounds like you had a wonderful time, dispite of all your troubles with rocks... lol...
I am from Musquodoboit HBR and I have to say that you are so brave to be in Martinique Beach in July.. are you crazy?? It is bloody cold.
I am so happy that you had a nice romantic time...
The water in Martinique was warmer than that the water at Clam Harbour - and INFINITELY warmer than Rainbow Haven!
Your pictures are always lovely...
Nope, bubbles and jets don't mix!
The kitty cats are adorable!
The beach looks COLD!
But it looks like you had a fabulous time, just the two of you! WAY TO GO! :)
*happy-for-you hugs*
Ciao, Bella! :)
Thanks Princessa! We did have a fabulous time, and the kitties WERE adorable.
Many Hugzzzz...
Lol had a great laugh at the panty episode!lmao....Im sure you know what was running through my head ;-) Its great that you can both get these weekends away together, me and Steve have ours in a couple of weeks...yeah!!!
Oh Jo, it was nothing like that. Just getting out of wet clothes from the water.
I met a lady who moved in down the street. You will never guess where she is from...PORT COLBURNE! (however you spell it) So I ask her if she is familiar with your family's meat market. She said her daughter worked there one summer. "They make the best sausages!" How funny is that?
No way!!! Whats her name???
I came back to mention that I LOVE your new blog colours... VERY NICE! I forgot to write that last time!
Glad you had a nice time with your hubby. :) Your getaway sounds lovely, bruises, cold and all.
Post a Comment