Wednesday, July 11, 2007

OK - From Delinquent to Downright Lazy, I Think...

Yes Al is finally home, but the "honeymoon" is over ~ that is until Sunday when we sneak away for our little rendezvous at "The Wechsler's Home" for a couple nights... He actually has been doing something since he got home I am NOT accustomed to seeing him do - READ! He has read 2 1/2 books since he got home. I think that is the most I have seen him read in the 11 1/2 years we've been together.



Let's see, what have we done since last Wednesday? Oh yeah - nothing... It was VBS so he took the kids to church in the mornings and I slept, then they came back and we sat outside (It was actually nice most of last week), and read, and tanned. I started my "Deployment Binder", to keep me somewhat sane while he is away. Really I think it is just my way trying to take back some control over something of which I have no control... It is coming closer and closer...



I found a website with other Military Wives in the area who get together on a semi-regular basis, and with the conflicts of emotion I am having over Lighthouse, I am really glad. They are having a Coffee Night next week, so I will meet them then. The "Ring Leader" (sorry Rebecca - had to say it) says we are going to have so much fun the time will just fly by. Let's hope.



The weekend was kinda slow. Saturday we spent at John and Crystal's. Had a BBQ, got some sun. Sunday was VBS Sunday, so a BBQ and fun day at church. Then I suppose I had my Sunday nap. We watched Hannibal Rising with Cory and Geraldine, and Chad. Chad had great fun teasing me for being scared. I was not amused, nor was I overjoyed at walking home in the dark!



Then on Monday - KAREN CAME FROM NEWFOUNDLAND! Yes this is the highlight of my week! But she left this morning, a very short stop over on her way to BC to see her sister. We had fun though, singing, playing guitar, chatting, fighting over Facebook... She will be back in a month for another few days then back to the Rock.



Last night we went to Sea Gulps. If you have never been to Sea Gulps, GO. It is so nice. The back patio is very nice. Inside is cozy. And the coffees and teas are wonderful. Would give Starbucks a run for their money for sure!



Here is Karen and me at Sea Gulps last night.










So, this was my week. I will TRY to post more often, and more eloquently ~ with a little more enthusiasm... But not today...


CIAO~


And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

1 comment:

RedFridayGirl said...

LOL... I think that I am proud that I am the "ring Leader" and girl you are going to have a blast..

Al will have no worries while he is away, we will take care of you promise.. you will be having so much fun you aren't going to want him to come home.. hehe..

I am so glad that you are getting organized let me know if you need any help.

It looks like you and Karen has a nice visit. i wish the weather would have been nicer..

Can't wait to try Sea Gulps.. next time I am out your way we will have coffee..

Keep your blog updated girl your an amazing writer. Big Hugs.