Since it is now nearly 1Am, I can say "less than a week". And it can't come fast enough. I can't wait to hand over the reigns and let him drive for a while. I am DONE LIKE DINNER!
My wonderful Sailor~Man has allowed me a day at a spa, and I am going tomorrow for a spa day. Tomorrow night is the Gala, so a fresh do, fresh skin, fresh nails, fresh tootsies are definitely in order, and besides, tomorrow is the only day I have off (besides Sunday, which is a CLEANING day) is tomorrow. Now THAT sounds weird. Tomorrow is the only day I have off til he gets home.
I went to "AFTER Happily Ever After" tonight with Sharon Guptill (Jay was away, so we went together). I wasn't going to go, because, really, what good is a marriage seminar if only one half of the marriage is there? Now that I went I am SO glad I did.
As I was sitting there listening, I was thinking, "I am getting more out of this to prepare me for his homecoming and reconnecting than I did at the Reunion Workshop!", so at the break I went to Dr Gary Rosberg and I told him that I was there "alone" because my husband is in the navy and that I wasn't going to come. I told him how I was so glad I did because the information is extremely helpful in re-connecting with your spouse after a long separation.
He was SO nice! First of all, the thanked me for my husband's sacrifice, AND for MY sacrifice to ensure our freedom. Then he said "I would like to invest $350 in your marriage". I think I kinda gave him a stunned look. He told me he was going to give me a subscription for a magazine (and I was too stunned to remember what it was called), and he was going to give me a DVD series that they use for reunion workshops for their Military (they are from Iowa) returning from Afghanistan and Iraq. All I had to do was to make sure I wrote my address and email and our names on a piece of paper and give it to him at the end. And so I did. And I bought some books (so that Al can read what they talked about), and Dr Rosberg and his wife, the co-author, both autographed them.
So, you can check out their website if you like.
http://www.drgaryandbarb.com/home/the_great_marriage_experience.php
Or you can check out the actual seminar at...
http://www.fotf.ca/marriagetour/
Course, then I came home and the kids have the house upside down, and so I ended up crying, out of frustration and exhaustion (I went from work to pick up Sharon to Rock Church to take Sharon home, then finally home), in my bubble bath.
Now I am going to peruse that website and then go to sleep, listening to the Spring Peepers sing.
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
2 comments:
165.5 hours and 3 minutes the ship is due to dock...lol...as of 11:27am May 1st.
Did you find a spa to go to?
GOne to the Spa and back again.
Getting ready now for the Gala.
Post a Comment