Saturday, April 5, 2008

We Sure Could Use A Little Good News Today...

Anyone remember that old Ann Murray song? Not that I particularly LIKE Ann Murray, but I do like the song.





So I thought I would share some good news...



~ I do NOT have skin cancer! Definitely GOOD NEWS!



~ The doctor is referring me to a plastic surgeon so I can get my hands fixed. I wonder if free tummy tuck comes with carpal tunnel surgery? That would be WICKED news!



~ In 1 month and 1 day, I no longer will be sleeping all alone *wink* - AND I will be getting diamonds!



~Andrew did not skip any classes this week. I did not get one phone call from the automated system that says "Your son or daughter missed periods 1, 2, 3 and 4..." Most definitely good news!



~I am singing with the worship team this morning. That is so awesome! I love it so much!



~ Horatio is poo~ing outside - when the kids remember to put him out. {It is VERY difficult to train a puppy when the kidlettes are not on the ball with him while you are work}



~ It appears I am going to have a second part time job at the jewellery counter at Walmart. The Ass. Man. said that as far as he was concerned he was hiring me, he just needs to go through the proper channels and procedures. "If" my criminal history and back check come back clean then I have the job.



~And speaking of jobs, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job at Cotton Ginny. It was just like going home. I loved it when I was there in Moncton and I love it now that I am there, here.



~ AND, Patty talked to me today. It is official, I am being promoted! I am currently being trained for Full Time Key Holder, hoping to start by the 20th. She said, "Sara, Heidi and I have been talking and we would love to have you join our management team." YAY ME!

So I just need to get my training finished. I will get some closing training tomorrow. I can pretty much open by myself, so that's good. When I was Part Time Key in Moncton, I closed every night, so I don't imagine it will be hard nor will it take long for me to catch on. Especially since everything is computerized now, and it wasn't when I worked there before. Man, when I was there before, we didn't even have bar code scanners! We had to key in every single SKU, (Only the really BIG grocery stores had scanners . I don't even think Walmart did yet.), I was pretty good at it too! I could key those numbers in so fast and co carefully that my pretty acrylic nails didn't even pop off! So that was really exciting news for me. I was very happy - still am!



~ Our travel plans to the UK ( and Paris!! ) are coming along. Thanks to Juliet, we are going to be staying with her Mum and her sis for a couple nights each, and they will be able to show us around. I TOTALLY can't wait. I have never been anywhere like that before.



~ Next weekend I am going away to Moncton (sans les kidlettes!) for a Spiritual Renewal retreat. I have great expectations of how God is going to work in my life and in my heart while I am there. I am in such great need of a fresh infilling of the Water of Life! {Please pray for me for next weekend}





Now it is your turn. YOU tell ME some GOOD NEWS.


And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

4 comments:

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Here are the lyrics to the song, in case anyone was interested.

I rolled out this morning
Kids had the mornin' news show on
Bryant Gumbel was talkin' 'bout the fighting in Lebanon
Some senator was squawkin' 'bout the bad economy
It's gonna get worse you see, we need a change in policy

There's a local paper rolled up in a rubber band
One more sad story's one more than I can stand
Just once how I'd like to see the headline say
"Not much to print today, can't find nothin' bad to say", because

Nobody robbed a liquor store on the lower part of town
Nobody OD'ed, nobody burned a single buildin' down
Nobody fired a shot in anger, nobody had to die in vain
We sure could use a little good news today

I'll come home this evenin'
I'll bet that the news will be the same
Somebody takes a hostage, somebody steals a plane
How I wanna hear the anchor man talk about a county fair
And how we cleaned up the air, how everybody learned to care
Whoa, tell me

Nobody was assassinated in the whole Third World today
And in the streets of Ireland, all the children had to do was play
And everybody loves everybody in the good old USA
We sure could use a little good news today

Nobody robbed a liquor store on the lower part of town
Nobody OD'ed, nobody burned a single buildin' down
FADE
Nobody fired a shot in anger, nobody had to die in vain
We sure could use a little good news today

MY LIFE AND NO ONE ELSES said...

Good news: My boyfriend bought me a gluten free, diabetic friendly chocolate birthday cake for me, Mom got me the George Foreman Grill I wanted, Mahalya made me a book of poetry she wrote, Jean Morine bought me a set of mixing bowls with covers, Tammy cleaned my apartment for me (twice), work is giving me a card and cake for my birthday...Plus Thursday is my first pay day with the Atlantic Superstore, Store # 344.

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Lots of good news for you. Happy birthday tomorrow.

More good news - only one month to go!

Kelly said...

YAY for good news!!! :) Sounds like you're having a fab week!