Thursday, April 17, 2008

It Is Getting So CLOSE, I Almost Can`t Believe It!

It is only 18 (whole) days til my Sailor~Man gets home - because today doesn't count (obviously! It is almost over), and the day he arrives doesn't count (since he is getting in in the morning), SO...18 full days, 20 sleeps (!?!???!) - well that doesn't sound near as good, so let's stick with 18 days.

I am working nearly 40 hours a week now. I almost took a second job (at Walmart), but I was so tired and I was feeling like I am never here as it was, so I called and told them that I am now full time at Ginny, so I would not be taking the job. I can't TELL you what a relief that was. (Thanks for praying Brenda!) I love my job at Ginny. I was just telling Sara yesterday how glad I am that I am in the store I am in, I feel I fit it well, and even though it is WAY over in Bayer's Lake, I don't mind. Something tells me that I wouldn't fit in so well at Dartmouth Crossing anyway. AND, I get my keys Monday! YAY! I am so excited. I will be MANAGEMENT! One step closer to having my own store.

I went to Moncton on the weekend to the RENOVARÉ conference. It was really good. Not quite what I expected a "Spiritual Renewal" conference to be, but it was really good nonetheless. The speakers were very knowledgeable, and they worked well together. The little British Man from Wales, in the waistcoat and little gold John-Lennon-Glasses was just far too cute. I wanted to put him in my pocket so he could make his grand quotations in Arabic ("which is actually Welsh") all he wants!

The dear lady who was speaking was so sweet. Her hands were all crippled with (I can only assume to be) arthritis. I bought a few of her books, and she so graciously signed them for me. The thought of the pain her hands must be in when she writes is rather heartbreaking.

My friend Kim came with me. I am so glad that she did. She had only been a Christian for 2 weeks, and she was really breathing in everything she could.

However, the best part of the weekend, for me, I would have to say, was seeing Pastor John and Jane. I was so excited to see him when I walked in. I miss his preaching and his genuine love for people. I miss them both.

Had a dear elderly lady in the store today. Her daughter brought her shopping. The "little old lady" (I'm sorry, but that is what she was!), said to me "I am 97!" Well, let's suffice it to say that I had a hard time getting through helping get her clothing picked out and paid for without crying. They told me I was very sweet and thanked me for the wonderful service. I overheard the daughter asking the mother if she wanted to keep me. It was cute.

It is nice to be able to go into work everyday knowing that you are good at your job, and that you enjoy it. It makes that blasted 6:45 AM ( ! ) alarm (almost) worth it.

Well, it is almost Pumpkin~Time, so I am going bid you all adieu...

"18" Days! YAY!!!!

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

2 comments:

MY LIFE AND NO ONE ELSES said...

Yeah for cuddles and snuggles in 2 weeks... You need to buy yourself something sexy and romantic to wear when you go pick him up... Yeah for working...Proud of you.

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

I bought 6 patterns and some fabric...