Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What An Exciting Day!

Well to begin with, there are only 14 more nights that I have to sleep alone. Yippie!

I bought some fabric and dress patterns to make something pretty to wear to the dockyard when the ship comes in. AND, apparently, I REALLY like one of the patterns - I bought it TWICE! {Ha-Ha} Now I just need a day off so I get them made! I don't have a day off til Sunday, which really doesn't count because I have church in the morning and group in the evening. So the next day off I have is NEXT Thursday! I guess I will have to try to sew in the evenings after work. OH - my hours were changed for Friday. I don't go in til 5:30 so I can at least cut them out Friday - between Coffee Connections and work... {How in the bloody blazes did I get so BUSY?!?!}

So, the REALLY good news... I OFFICIALLY got promoted today! I got my store keys, I now have full access to the systems at work, I got a RAISE! I have only been there 2 months and I already got promoted to Full Time Key! And I was telling Patty that I am really glad that I got placed in the store I did instead of Dartmouth Crossing, where I applied. She told me that she "stole" me. The District Manager interviewed me, then called Patty and told her that I had had my interview and she didn't know what to do with me (haha), and would like a second opinion. So Patty interviewed me and called Kim and told her "I'll take her! I know what to do with her!" So, it seems, that she intended for me to get this position right from the start. Which makes sense because she started training me right away. And I knew all lot of it anyway, from when I worked at Cotton Ginny in Moncton.

So, it was quite an exciting day for me!

Almost as exciting as the day last week that I got that speeding ticket!

And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

2 comments:

MY LIFE AND NO ONE ELSES said...

speeding....ticket????

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Yup speeding ticket. Just before the bridge where the speed limit goes from 80 to 50 in a nanosecond. Cops were there with their radar stopping everyone! They really should change that stretch to slow down in increments, because going downhill and going from 80 to 50 that abruptly will get you rear-ended. Nearly happened.