We are now down to single digits - Al will be home in 9 days! Isn't that something? There is an end after all. I was really beginning to wonder! I can't wait to see him get off that ship. I would LOVE to see him get off the ship in his nice dress uniform, but I know he won't. He will probably have that ugly, faded Toronto Maple Leafs T-Shirt on. I can't wait to get that thing in the laundry. "Oops Sweetie, I 'm sorry the Javex ruined your T-Shirt! So SO sorry!
I just want these next 9 days to go fast. I am working almost everyday, and I have a fair amount of sewing to do. I have to 2 outings this week in the evenings. Then next week it will be rush to get the house clean and KEEP the house clean for when he gets home.
Horatio had learned how to dig. I now have a hole in the front lawn, and HE has muddy feet, AND a muddy face. What do they do? Eat the dirt? He did not enjoy getting his face and feet washed at bedtime. As it is he gets bathed 1 or 2 times a week to keep his coat nice and shiny and groomed and so I guess he must figure that is enough. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get him to stop digging BEFORE it becomes too much of a habit?
Well, since it is "tomorrow", I am going to say good night and go to sleep. So... GOOD NIGHT!
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
4 comments:
woohooo 9 days... how many hours?? I know you know so just tell me already :D
Sorry no suggestions on the Horatio and digging issue...Do you have any suggestions on how to stop Alfie from biting me every day 95 times? Or how to stop him from clawing me so that my cat scratch disease can finally heal up?
Hi Ibitz...
At this moment in time (11:13am), there are 8 Days, 21 Hours, 46 Minutes, and 23 seconds! You can check if you like. I have a countdown on my Facebook page.
Alfie and biting? Hmmm. Does he have a chew toy? You can say NO then give him his chew toy. They say it works for puppies (According to Puppies for Dummies). As for the scratching, cut his nails. Then he can't scratch. Make sure he has something to scratch on. Or get him declawed.
I do not doubt you one bit on the the time remaining...
Alfie has several chew toys... right down to straws...I read that somewhere on a website...
Scratching...yup cut his nails and he has many many scratching posts...
Paul tells me that Alfie thinks he is the boss and I need to start retraining him to think that he is not the boss...
I will not be getting him declawed...It is inhumane and according to several studies it will make the cat more aggressive.
Yes Paul is right. I do not generally agree with declawing, but if it comes down to declaw or hate the animal in the end, and possibly it gets put down, I would declaw. I have never seen a cat that was more agressive after being declawed.
Post a Comment