Anyway, I had a lovely visit with Maureen. She brought me my Christmas present. {Just a sec, I will take a picture of it...}
Isn't it just sweet? She said, "I don't know anyone who likes tea more than you." I think it is just darling!
We had a nice long visit, got caught up, and just chatted for a few hours.
Then I decided I would pick up my guitar, because I haven't had the time in a LONG time, to play it. So I played til my fingers were sore (which really didn't take that long!)
And so now, here I sit, as the fire does down to glowing embers. It is nearly the 6th of January, which means that my youngest will be a teenager, officially, in 4 months. Actually, 4 months from now, 13 years ago I was in labor. She was stubborn then and is stubborn now! Four months - 4 months and 3 days Al is due home. Whether or not they actually GET home on time remains to be seen. I am not banking on it, that's for sure. If I have learned anything in the 6 years "we" have been in the Military, it is "nothing is for certain til the papers are in your hand!"
Our next door neighbour left today to go to Pet for his 3 month training to leave for Afghanistan. He will not be back to his wife and 3 children until February of 2009. When I ran into him at the grocery store yesterday and he told me I nearly cried. It is just so heart-wrenching when daddies and husbands (and mommies, too, I guess, now) have to go away for so long, to such dangerous places.
So, my plea to you tonight - Love your families. Tell them, show them. Hug them, play with them. Kiss your spouse, make love. Cherish every moment you have with them, if not for yourselves, for those of us who wish we would have had time for just one more...
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
2 comments:
First Auntie Donna your blog is still pink... lol...I am sure you already know this but I just had to point it out...
I am glad you are keeping busy and havent had time to sit down for a couple months...I bet the time has flown by. If you keep busy for another 4 months and 3 days I am sure you will find that time flies even faster...
As always, you are in my prayers and thoughts.
I am so happy that you have been keeping busy I love your new blog, it looks amazing!!! Maureen did an amazing job on your christmas gift, it fits you like a tea!lol...
Post a Comment