The hot tub was heavenly, the pool was wonderful. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous! The road from Bridgetown to Liverpool SUCKED! OH MY GOODNESS HAS THERE EVER BEEN SUCH A LONG, BUMPY, WINDY ROAD EVER!?!?!?!?!?
We finally got there about 8:00, had a quick supper and headed to the hot tub (and pool). Tanya and I were invited to a party for a ... "happy"... guy who was turning 21 (whose make up was running in the hot tub), by his ... "happy"... friends. We did not go.
Saturday the kids went off to the pool, the computer area, the games room, chasing the bunnies, and Tanya and I slept in. Then we went into Liverpool to McDonald's and Sobey's, and back for more swimming and taking pictures. They had their bonfire, but it was really cold, so we roasted a few marshmallows, then went back to the lodge and we played guitar and sang (and probably drove the neighbours crazy!)
Little Horatio thought he would chase some bunnies. They got away. It's a good thing too, because they were twice the size of him!
Sunday morning we packed up and left, heading to Not-Digby to my brother's (Tanay's father's) until it was time to head to my sister's in Bear River (STILL not Digby, yet they still tell people they live in DIBGY!) for the party she was having for her boyfriend for being clean and sober for 1 year. (Good on you Duck, I hope it sticks!).
After that, we headed back to Kingston so I could drop Tanya off, then I headed to my other sister's for tea before heading home.
Just before I got into Berwick I nearly hit a deer! It was standing in the road as I crested a hill. I laid on my horn, slammed on my brakes, and thrust the car into neutral. It is a good thing the horn scared it off because there was no way I wasn't going to hit it! Pretty scary!
Anyway, we got to Amy's to have tea, and Sandy came in, so I visited with her and Amy for about an hour, then on the road again..., fianlly getting home about 10:30.
I am uploading some pictures from the weekend. Please forgive that they are not in order. Perhaps I will try to rearrange them tomorrow, but not tonight. However, I somehow doubt it, since it took almost forever to get them semi-equi-distantly apart.
Horatio thought that eating Tanya's hair while she tried to sleep was a fun thing to do. Tanya? Not so much!
All in all, it was a good weekend. We all had fun and got "away from it all" for a while. I am glad that I am taking one weekend a month to take the kids somewhere until Al gets home. It is something to look forward to, and makes the time go faster. I am not sure where I am going next month, but Sandy I will try to give you a few days notice so you can come next time. I still have never been to Oak Island... That sounds kinda fun! Wherever it is, it has to be pet-friendly because little Horatio has to come!
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
Life As I Know It
No comments:
Post a Comment