Friday, February 15, 2008

I AM SO EXCITED!

Planning our trip to Greece and getting SO excited! I TOTALLY can't wait! All I need is Al's leave dates and I can buy the plane tickets! YAY!

So, I went out for Mom's Night Out with the ladies from church. There was Kim, Kathi, Tanya, Julie, Sharon, a new girl who is from Britain whose name escapes me, and me. We went to Jungle Jim's for dinner, and to get out without kids and just be women...and spent the whole night talking about...yup, you guessed it, the KIDS! We started talking about being pregnant, segued into childbirth, then breast-feeding, sports, sex (and not the good stuff, how you told/tell/are going to tell your kids about it, and, naturally, their reactions!), and finishing, quite appropriately, with how the kids handle death, and how you talk to them about it. By this time, they were closing the restaurant down around us, so took our leave. All in all it was a good time!

After dinner Kim and I went to Walmart in search of shoes for work. (Got a pair). I got home about 11:30. Which isn't bad, considering I left the house this morning at 9:30, and was only home for about half an hour in total all day!

I went out with Ashley this morning. We went over to Ginny to get me some clothes for work next week, then we went to the Chinese Buffet for lunch. Then it was time to pick up my truck from Saturn (it was getting a safety, an oil change, and apparently something done to the brakes). Dropped Ashely off home, got the mail. Al's T-4 was there, so off I went to get the taxes done. Stupid people REALLY make me angry! Took the guy 2 1/2 hours, and help from EVERYONE there, even ones in OTTAWA before he got it right. I was SO not impressed. By the time I got out of there I had no time for a shower. I just came home, threw some McD's at the kids and got changed to go out.

I dropped Victoria off at Jacquelyn's and picked up Kim (her mother) and went to Jungle Jim's.

Now, after talking to Al on the phone, and doing some searching for cheap flights to Athens (through Paris?), I am going to have that shower I didn't get earlier, and go to bed. I am rather tuckered!



And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

3 comments:

RedFridayGirl said...

That is awesome that you will be able to go over and meet him. I have a question though you are the one looking at flights? I thought that they did that for you and just told you your departure date and time?

Have fun!

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Hi Red!

No we can't go til he gets back. No HLTA's this trip (well very few if any, and only in the last couple weeks), so we are going when he gets back. I can't wait!

Kelly said...

Hey! How's your new job? How's life? What's new? I miss you!