It is December now, and miracle of miracles, it has decided to actually SNOW in December. Go figure!
Al's been gone for over a month now. Only 6 or 7 left to go. He's been to Norfolk, Virginia, and to Gibraltar, and to Spain. He's been to Alexandria and Cairo in Egypt. Saw the pyramids and the Sphinx. That's pretty cool. They passed the part where Moses parted the Red Sea (which does not have red water in it, as Victoria thought). They did a sail past with the Toronto, which is on it's way home now. He's only sent me one picture so far because he forgot to take the USB cord for the camera. He will get it on the 16th when they enter the next port. Anyway, here is Al, Kendall, and some-guy-I-don't-know in front of the Sphinx.
Yup...there he is. In front of the Sphinx. Wearing a Christmas present he wasn't supposed to open! (He claims that the paper was ripped and he liked what he saw so he wore it...likely excuse!) I hope to get more pictures of him and the places he's been once he gets the USB cord. You can look at the pictures of the ship's company at various locations, doing various things if you go here...http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/charlottetown/gallery/ship_gallery_e.asp
As for how I am doing while he is gone, I am doing OK. Been really busy since he left. Volunteering a lot at the MFRC, getting ready for the Christmas Production at Church. {Here is the church website with the info on the play should anyone wish to come and see... http://www.hillsidewesleyan.com/ (pretty funky new website, looks kinda weird without Pastor Peter sitting in Pastor AJ's office!)} And, of course, getting ready for Christmas. {I think that while the kids are at the Youth Center tonight, I just might take this opportunity to wrap some presents!}
Well, that's about it for now I guess. Not overly exciting, but such is my life...
Oh yeah, I am going to visit Jo (http://barefacedlife.blogspot.com/) on Sunday! I can't wait! So if you are coming to see the play at church, come Saturday Night or Sunday morning because I won't be there Sunday night.
CIAO for now...
And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It
2 comments:
I got slightly sidetracked looking at the pictures of HMCS Charlottetown. I am glad you are staying busy...It certainly the time fly by faster (I reworded that about 6 times). I know you will enjoy your trip to Jo's... I look forward to seeing you soon.
Hey! Sounds like you're doing well... :) I miss you!
Post a Comment