Sunday, November 11, 2007

What A Difference A Month Makes

Well the last time I posted was on my birthday. Since then Al came home from Sea, my Man~Child turned 16, and Al went back to Sea - for the big one.

This is a very short post as I really do not want my heart plastered over the internet, but if you want to know how I am doing call me or email me or Facebook me...

It snowed yesterday for the first time this season. We didn't get much here, but I guess they got quite a bit back home.

I am still having a significant amount of pain from the stupid dump truck. I haven't been to physio for about a month because I have just been too busy, but I think I will call this week and make an appointment. Seems I am going backwards instead of forward. The spasms are getting bad.

Church this morning was something else! There is a guy on the ship who only had 2 weeks notice that he was going. He and his wife (girlfriend maybe?) go to our church. We never met them before, but the Sunday before they left the Pastor announced that Al was leaving and prayed for him and for our family. After service this couple came over to talk to Al and told him he would be sailing too. Anyway, this morning she (Rachel) asked the usher where I was, so he brought her to me so we could sit together. They did the whole Rememberance Day service, O Canada, Last Post, 2 mins of silence, then talked about the veterns, and the men and women serving. The two of us sat there holding each other's hands crying. It was surreal. It almost felt like we were the only ones there, or like we were transplanted there from 100 years ago. It was the oddest feeling sitting with her and holding her hand as we cried for our husbands who are gone to Fight for Freedom. It is very difficult to describe a feeling, but it was incredible, and not something I will forget in a hurry.

Friends from church invited us to go have Christmas with them since we will be alone. I think that was very nice of them. It is nice to know that people care. Also today at church another man from church, whose son is friends with the boys, told me to call any weekend I need a break and they will take the boys for the weekend so I can breathe. AND, one of the guys who helped out with Youth Group last year messaged me on Facebook yesterday inviting Andrew to a Mooseheads game today. So he went with him, then he invited him back here for supper - so we had left over ham.

I guess even though I am having some struggles with the new leadership in the church, the people are really great - they are the same ones who were always there... I just hope that the new leaders come around. I approached 3 separate people this week, for 3 separate ministries/outreach idea, and was shot down every time. I was very upset about that, really. Made me feel like I wasn't "worthy"... Perhaps they forgot that:

"There is no one righteous, not even one" - Romans 3:9

I am in a bit of a dilemma... I want to grow closer to the Lord, I want to better my walk with Him, I want to have more Christian friends/influences in my life, I want to serve in my Church, but I can't seem to get there. I guess, contrary to what is preached, I really do have to totally "clean up my life" before I can serve in the ways that I am gifted to serve, and that is just really, really sad. Other Christians, what do you think? Please, tell me...


And so, today,
this is... Life As I Know It

3 comments:

MY LIFE AND NO ONE ELSES said...

Donna... First, you are always, always in my prayers... I struggle with my walk with Christ every day... But no matter how far down I get, I always pray and you are always there...

Second, you are the one I look up to when I have those days that it just seems that I am not "worthy"...You are an amazing Christian and even though you feel like you are not worthy, you are far more worthy than I am.

Third, I am really glad you took the opportunity God gave you today with Rachel. She apparently needed you more than you or she even realized.

Fourth and final, thank you for updating your blog. I look forward to your writing. You have an amazing way of expressing yourself and I look forward to reading your posts.

Always you are in my prayers.

RedFridayGirl said...

Look at that this one month to the day you have posted.

I am so happy that you are doing well.. you are never online anymore so I am assuming that you are super busy.

Having people rally around you is wonderful and knowing that you can stand on your 2 feet is even better.

Sending you lots of hugs and love.

Jo said...

It's hard to try to do something which maybe you feel God is telling you to do only to get knocked down by the people who maybe arent listening enough to God themselves. I know that one!! The only thing I can suggest is to pray on it and ask God to soften them to your requests. Its hard to get used to new leadership as we discovered when we joined Central here but in the end the Pastor is seeing our side of things and is softening to our ideas. As my mother in law would say, you have planted the seed in their minds so now just continue to subtly water it and watch it grow. Works on the husband too....especially during sale time ;-)