Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Victoria, British Columbia

Well it is been a very long time since I've updated my blog! A lot has happened since then! We are now living in Victoria, British Columbia, loving the weather, happy to be with the Coopers and the Parises (friends who were also posted out of Halifax to Victoria), and missing the friends and family we left behind. It was a hard move as my sister Linda passed away 3 days before we left for our Cross Canada Adventure. I had a very difficult Fall, dealing with loss and grief. Went to a grief counselor, who helped a lot. I am not as sad as I was, but still not "happy". However, much better than I was!

Since we've been here we have seen a fair bit of the scenery. I worked over Christmas at Cotton Ginny (go figure!). I finally, after 6 months!, found a doctor. Had some blood work done, found out my thyroid is VERY low. (Levels are not supposed to be over 5.5 - mine was 93!) He said that also can affect my moods, so hopefully once they get my levels regulated I will no longer feel so crappy. He also said that it affects how I feel physically too, so that explains why I just want to stay in bed!

Al and I have started going to Aquacize Monday - Thursday nights. We are having fun. Angela and Chris go as well. I have lost 10 pounds. Hopefully will loose more, again, when my thyroid gets regulated.

Well speaking of the pool, it is time for me to get ready to go!




And so, today, this is...
Life As I Know It

No comments: